Golden "door between balconies"?

sandi57

I'm a first-time cruiser. Golden Princess, Alaska Inside Passage, Aug-2011.

I have seen folks mention "opening the door between balconies", and I wondered whether this is possible with any adjacent balcony, on either side? Or only between alternating rooms (like a hotel connecting door)?

The reason, we have our 13-year-old daughter plus a friend for her in our party. For comfort and privacy, we have booked two cabins.A mid starboard balcony--BC--on the Baja deck, and an inside cabin across the hall.

I have noticed that there are some available BD balconies, aft-port on the Baja deck that are adjacent. Also, some on other decks.

We are considering swapping to two balconies. Particularly if we could connect them to make an informal family suite. So I'm interested in the connection potential. But also if going from BC to BD is that much of a difference?

Thanks for a specific answer, or general advice that relates!

I'm a first-time cruiser. Golden Princess, Alaska Inside Passage, Aug-2011.

I have seen folks mention "opening the door between balconies", and I wondered whether this is possible with any adjacent balcony, on either side? Or only between alternating rooms (like a hotel connecting door)?

The reason, we have our 13-year-old daughter plus a friend for her in our party. For comfort and privacy, we have booked two cabins.A mid starboard balcony--BC--on the Baja deck, and an inside cabin across the hall.

I have noticed that there are some available BD balconies, aft-port on the Baja deck that are adjacent. Also, some on other decks.

We are considering swapping to two balconies. Particularly if we could connect them to make an informal family suite. So I'm interested in the connection potential. But also if going from BC to BD is that much of a difference?

Thanks for a specific answer, or general advice that relates!

I believe that some Princess ships including the Sapphire have some cabins with internal connecting doors rooms. The Golden to the best of my knowledge does not. That being said, there are doors on both sides of every balcony on the Golden and your steward will be able to unlock the door between adjoining balconies.

Regarding BC versus BD, we always book BB versus BA on the Caribe balcony. The rooms are the same and you save some money. Being close to the aft elevators makes for a shorted walk to the Horizon Court and the Terrace Pool, our favorite - Terrace Pool is adult's only though.

If you look at the numbering of the cabins, you can usually tell. A gap in sequence (i.e. cabin 478, then 480, then 502, then 504) usually indicates there is a firewall here and therefore no door between the balcony of 480 and 502, but there would be a door between 502 and 504 (no gap in sequence).

Archived