Florida Residents and Marriage Certificate

steele

Hello everyone,

I was reading the TWE informational packet regarding the Marriage Certificate, and it looks like they mention more details for out-of-state couples. My fiance and I are Florida residents and I had a few questions for hopefully some other Florida residents.

We live in Celebration, not in Miami - therefore, can we get the marriage certificate in our own county? How much does it cost to get a marriage certificate in Florida? We can obtain our certificate up to 60 days prior correct?

Sorry for all the questions - never been married before ;)

Thank you!

For clarification call (305) 275-1155 for the Miami-Dade Marriage License Bureau. THey will be able to tell you FOR SURE with no guessing if you can use a differnet county license... Here in California you have to have a license within the county you are marrying.

hope this helps!

I had all the same questions as you. Yes, you obtain your license from the county court of which you live. I live in Alachua County so I went to the county court house website and was able to find all the information there. The website actually has an on-line marriage application now! We will still have to show up at the court in person but the online form speeds up the process once you get there. Yours has a link to download the application to print. I did a quick search and found the link for you county clerk. http://www.osceolaclerk.com/MarriageLicense.htm

Florida Applicants must read the Family Law Handbook.

There is a required three (3) day waiting period for all Florida residents. You will receive your Marriage license at the time of application. However, you must wait three (3) days before you can use it to marry.

Here is a link to frequently asked questions: http://www.osceolaclerk.com/RecordingFAQ.htm

How Long does it Take to Get a Marriage License and How Long is it Valid?

You will receive the license on the same day that you apply. It will be valid for sixty (60) days. However, if you are a Florida resident, you must wait three days before you can use it. The license must be used only in the State of Florida. It must be returned
within ten (10) days
to the county in which it was issued to get recorded.

The fee is $97.50

• 4 weeks later...

Archived