Beginner scuba in Cozumel with Autistic Child

jnp_macklin

So me and my family want to do beginner scuba in Cozumel on 1/31/11 and am looking for a dive company that can accompany having an 11yr old autistic boy, who may or may not want to scuba and might be content to just snorkel. I have inquired Scuba Tony who informed me that he is not available, have inquiries to Scuba with Alison...is there any other dive company who gives that personal service and would be willing to take the adventure with us?

Thanks so much,

Jen:D

Depending where on the autism spectrum your child is on, I would anticipate that you will have a great deal of difficulty finding anyone willing to take on the challenge during a quick cruise stop. There are many potential issues and I would suggest tht it would be best to find a local scuba shop willing to take things as slowly as necessary to train your child safely.

I can highly reccomend someone. Try Chucho Divers at chuchodivers dot com. They are a great company to work with and Chucho is very patient. I know I have a seen him work with scared old ladies and little kids. Make sure you mention my name when you email them. The girl that handles all the email and state side matters is very nice. Over the years my trust in Chucho with me and my family's lives has grown so that we have become good friends. You will not be dissapointed.

Kevin:cool:

Archived