Just back from 2-day Century cruise .Century Suite 1136 - ??? about Aft cabins too

jkallet

I am back from my first Celebrity Cruise. I am a fairly new travel agent, after spending years in marketing for a large international very famous all inclusive "Club". I've personally sailed on Oceania and Disney, both in suites.

I took my 10 year old daughter as the guest of my Celebrity rep (I've been doing a LOT of Celebrity sales lately - and am very pro on the brand). I have to say, I was somewhat disappointed in this sailing...

Here are my thoughts.

Cons:

I think the ship needs a renovation. The aft section of the ship had a definite musty smell (if not mildewy). I didn't notice it as much in the forward part. The common bathrooms were spotless, but then in the celebrity theater, the seats were torn, table lights not working and I was SHOCKED at how many lightbulbs were just out. The soft furnishings in the lounges look dated. The deck furniture for my veranda was rickety and just plain filthy. The bathroom in my cabin was, well, no other word for it...gross. My daughter and I were convinced that it was dirty, but in fact, the tiles were so worn away that the white enamel was off them making them appear dingy and dirty. The shower curtain was discolored in sections. I have to say, I was somewhat shocked.

The biggest Con (and my question for you experienced Celebrity cruisers). We were in Aft suite 1136 and I did not sleep either night. Every time the ship moved, every hanger, drawer and even the bathroom door flew open and vibrated. Woke us up all night. Ship backed into the Miami port at 4 am and every single thing in my cabin moved, made noise or ended up in a different place. I am deposited on the Millenium for Alaska in an aft Concierge suite...is this what I can expect every night? Or is the Century just differently designed? I don't ever remember being woken like this on my other cruises.

Pros: I found the staff to be the friendliest most cheerful people I have ever encountered. Many of the 5 star hotels I deal with should steal some of these people! Everyone of them had a big hello for me and bigger for my daughter. I thought the pool area was lovely. The spa and salon were gorgeous (How come the rest of the ship doesn't look like THAT?) and the services were excellent. I thought the salsa "Sizzle" night was fun for all ages. AND, much to my surprise, the "Touch of Broadway" show was really, really good. Everyone around me was commenting how very talented the performers were and how it was such a pleasant surprise. I thought the level of cabin service was good (although I had the sense that my Butler was servicing quite a few cabins - something I never felt when aboard the Wonder). The amenities in the cabin - toiletries, towels, robes - were very nice. The Champagne was a nice touch. Loved LOVED the Cova Cafe - perfect for a light snack any time. Didn't get to try the Spa Cafe on such a short cruise.

My daughter never entered the Fun Factory (even after being bribed) so I can't comment on it. The movie theater was closed (we were VERY disappointed in that)

Overall, I don't think this was Celebrity's best foot forward - I was hoping for a small ship experience, but felt that I ended up with an old ship experience.

If anyone has advice on the aft cabin on the Millie for this summer I would really appreciate it!

I would really

Archived