Walk to SMB?

BaskGal

It is about 1.5 miles - much of it without sidewalks - from the tender docks to the nearest section of Seven Mile Beach, at a hotel with no services for the general public. It is 2 miles to the nearest section with services open to the general public.

• 4 weeks later...

It is a Long HOT Walk... with Little shade to walk in.

We took a taxi to Royal Palms and decided it was close enough to walk back to port... We had plenty of time but it was so Hot we decided we would NEVER do it again.

Take the bus for 1/2 the price of a taxi and enjoy the added tour of the neighorhoods as the bus drops locals off close to their homes,

My husband and I walked from seven mile beach into town and it was not that bad but we are active people and it helped it was cloudy. We started at Sea Grape I believe and walked the beach to Royal Palms where we had a few beers. Then at Royal Palms we walked the sidewalk. There are spots with no side walk but it was not bad. We stopped at a glass blower shop and at a few other shops along the way. I think it took us about three hours. We started by taking the bus to the car musuem and after that we took the bus to the beach. For us it was an enjoyable walk but like I said we are kind of active people.

Not that hot in January and a pleasant walk if you aren't in a hurry. Sidewalks most of the way. We like walking and bicycling but are both 59, so it is doable for most people! People were pushing baby strollers too along the way. Very safe (I am assuming you will be there in the daylight) and places to stop along the way. This island is very neat and clean so not scary at all.

Archived