Nicest beach to Havensight pier? Traveling with 2 yr old.

CleoSushi

Hi all, sorry if i spelled the pier's name wrong :(

Hubby and I will be docking at ST Thomas in September via RCCL and would like to do our own thing there. We are traveling with our DS who will be 2 then and friends with a 1 yr old. We are looking at a safe, clean beach with bathroom and eating facilities near the pier? How best to get there (bus/cab) and how much. Any help would be extremely appreciative!:)

The only issue with MorningStar is that the waves can get a little too big for the young children. For about the same price by cab and only 10 minutes longer I would suggest Emerald Beach at the Best Western. Chairs, shade and a beach bar with food and restroom facilities.

Edited by caribsun

The only issue with MorningStar is that the waves can get a little too big for the young children. For about the same price by cab and only 10 minutes longer I would suggest Emerald Beach at the Best Western. Chairs, shade and a beach bar with food and restroom facilities.

I am luving this already.

Is there a cost for the chairs? The video is awesome, thank you so much.

Beach lounges were $10.00 and umbrella $5.00, chairs at beach bar are free if you consume something. After eating and drinking at the beach and bar we took a swim in their pool and no one said anything.

There is a side entrance to the beach just to the right of the entrance to the BW. The beach is free if you would like to just use your beach towels.

we took a swim in their pool and no one said anything.

That's what I figured.

There is a side entrance to the beach just to the right of the entrance to the BW

Thank You I was not sure how to access it.

Beach lounges were $10.00 and umbrella $5.00, chairs at beach bar are free if you consume something. After eating and drinking at the beach and bar we took a swim in their pool and no one said anything.

There is a side entrance to the beach just to the right of the entrance to the BW. The beach is free if you would like to just use your beach towels.

pool too, awesome, DH would luv that... :)

Be aware it is against hotel policy for non guests to use the pool. VI insurance law prohibits use of pools by non registered guests. Sometimes it is applied and sometimes not. Beach is free. Food is better at Morningstar in MHO. Sand is nicer at Morningstar also. Morningstar is more upscale.:)

B.

Be aware it is against hotel policy for non guests to use the pool. VI insurance law prohibits use of pools by non registered guests. Sometimes it is applied and sometimes not. Beach is free. Food is better at Morningstar in MHO. Sand is nicer at Morningstar also. Morningstar is more upscale.:)

B.

thanks a bunch, both are great options, now im confused lol

I have been to both beaches and will have to give a edge to Emerald Beach. The sand at Morningstar is golden and course and Emerald is whiter and softer. Morningtar can be windy since it is open to the sea and Emerald is in a protective cove. Food is better at MS, and yes Frenchman Reef Hotel is more upscale than the BW. The majority of the people on the beach are from the cruiseships anyway. I believe some of the sand at MS washed away during the tropical season exposing rocks.

Edited by runner15km

I have been to both beaches and will have to give a edge to Emerald Beach. The sand at Morningstar is golden and course and Emerald is whiter and softer. Morningtar can be windy since it is open to the sea and Emerald is in a protective cove. Food is better at MS, and yes Frenchman Reef Hotel is more upscale than the BW. The majority of the people on the beach are from the cruiseships anyway. I believe some of the sand at MS washed away during the tropical season exposing rocks.

Thanks. It seems that both beaches are great options in their own right. Hmmmm decision decision.

Is there a cost difference btwn the two (i.e. cab ride, beach chairs, food, etc.)?

• 3 years later...

We took a cab ride out to Emerald Beach, dropped a couple off at Morning Star, wasn't too impressed, wanted something more tropical, loose and tiki like. Was very happy with Emerald, will possibly return in Nov if our morning excursion is done in time to make it worth the cab ride...