Hair Dryers

Alberta65

From memory, all the rCL ships I've sailed had hair dryers. They are slower than my one at home, but all worked. If you have very thick hair and it takes a while to dry at home, you'd be better off with your own. My dry time doubles from a whopping 5 minutes to 10 at the most.

As always, if there are ships without them, someone will quickly point it out to help you plan your packing. Have fun!

I was going to post about this today. My wife asked me what the wattage was on the blow dryers. She has pretty thick hair and if it is not very powerful she will have to bring her own.

Anyone know the wattage?

Don't know the wattage but I do know that the one time I had to rely on ship's dryer (mine picked the wrong time to die a sad death......) it took forever to get my thick hair dry.:( The last thing you want to do on a cruise is spend an extra 15-20 minutes everyday blowdrying your hair. And the last thing a DH wants to do is wait an extra 15-20 minutes everyday while you blow dry your hair! :eek:;):D

I was going to post about this today. My wife asked me what the wattage was on the blow dryers. She has pretty thick hair and if it is not very powerful she will have to bring her own.

Anyone know the wattage?

Unsure about the wattage, but I always bring mine from home. The ones on the ship are usable, but they weren't upto par in my opinion. I hated how long it took to dry my hair.

On the Freedom I had to hold the button down to keep the hair dryer blowing. My hair is not long or real thick, but it seemed to take a long time to dry. That could be due to the difficulty of holding that button down. I will take my hair dryer from home for the first time on our Allure cruise. Hated that dryer on the Freedom and worry about it being something on newer ships.:(

I didn't pack one when I went on Monarch in 07 because everyone told me the rooms had them and they were fine...this was a stretch. I have very fine hair, and the one in our stateroom would overheat within 3-5 minutes, didn't have any kind of attachment, and was not nearly as powerful as what I'm used to. It normally takes me 5 minutes tops to dry/style my hair at home...on the ship it would take me around 15 or 20 mins and I was very frustrated by the time I was done. I don't care what anyone elses opinion is ever on hairdryers...I take my own.

I even took my own when my friend and I went to NYC last spring and we pretty much use the same one...

I didn't pack one when I went on Monarch in 07 because everyone told me the rooms had them and they were fine...this was a stretch. I have very fine hair, and the one in our stateroom would overheat within 3-5 minutes, didn't have any kind of attachment, and was not nearly as powerful as what I'm used to. It normally takes me 5 minutes tops to dry/style my hair at home...on the ship it would take me around 15 or 20 mins and I was very frustrated by the time I was done. I don't care what anyone elses opinion is ever on hairdryers...I take my own.

I even took my own when my friend and I went to NYC last spring and we pretty much use the same one...

I also have fine hair and bring my own hair dryer!

Archived