Orlando to Tampa port

BillyPilgrim

My wife and I are going to be in orlando on buisness from 2/23-2/26. We are having our kids fly to Tampa to meet us arriving 11:30 AM on 2/26, with our cruise (the inspiration) deporting from the Tampa Port on 2/26. What would be the best way to get ourselves(no rental car currently) and our kids (14,19,23) to the harbour?

Thanks

My wife and I are going to be in orlando on buisness from 2/23-2/26. We are having our kids fly to Tampa to meet us arriving 11:30 AM on 2/26, with our cruise (the inspiration) deporting from the Tampa Port on 2/26. What would be the best way to get ourselves(no rental car currently) and our kids (14,19,23) to the harbour?

Thanks

Rental car for the parents from Orlando to Tampa and try to time it when the kids arrive in Tampa and then shuttle over to the ship after dropping the car off. Seems like the easiest method to make it happen to me ! Tampa is approx. 2 hr. drive from Orlando if memory serves me correctly.

Actually, I think there is a shuttle between MCO and Tampa Port...I have seen something there before (at the airport). Also, be mindful, there is TONS of construction around Tampa airport and it can get confusing. I do think your best best is a one way rental to Tampa Airport with the car (allow yourself lots of time leaving Orlando in "early morning Theme park, tourist trying to use the rental's GPS in a different language" traffic) and head straight down I-4....

I know for a fact you can prebook a shuttle service for all of you from the airport so that way all you guys have to do is meet up and head out.

Have fun cruising!! We are leaving from Tampa in June and can't wait :p

Do a search of this board and more importantly the Gulf Coast Departure Board. Tons of info on the exact question you ask, including several posts from me detailing how we rented a car one way from WDW drove to airport then took free rental car shuttle to port. Good luck.

Thanks

Billy, Honestly IMO the best way for you to get from Orlando to Tampa would be to rent a car one-way. The most economical way would be to rent from either Alomo or National. When you return the car at Tampa airport, they provide a free shuttle to the port of Tampa AND will also pick you up when you return from your cruise and take you back to the airport. This is a big savings compared to what you would have to pay for transportation to and from the pier for 5 passengers.

The drive from Orlando to Tampa will take about 90 minutes give or take depending on traffic. From Orlando, just get on I-4 West bound when you get to Tampa, merge to I-275 and follow the signs to Tampa Intl airport. When you get onto the airport exit, just get in the lane for rental car return. TIA is a very organized airport. You wont have any problems. :)

Billy, Honestly IMO the best way for you to get from Orlando to Tampa would be to rent a car one-way. The most economical way would be to rent from either Alomo or National. When you return the car at Tampa airport, they provide a free shuttle to the port of Tampa AND will also pick you up when you return from your cruise and take you back to the airport. This is a big savings compared to what you would have to pay for transportation to and from the pier for 5 passengers.

The drive from Orlando to Tampa will take about 90 minutes give or take depending on traffic. From Orlando, just get on I-4 West bound when you get to Tampa, merge to I-275 and follow the signs to Tampa Intl airport. When you get onto the airport exit, just get in the lane for rental car return. TIA is a very organized airport. You wont have any problems. :)

I agree with Hoosier - the nice thing in Florida is that so many people rent cars one way that you will not have the huge fee fro renting only one way :)

You will need about 90 minutes to get to the airport and then time for your drop off of rental car. It's very easy and direct to get to. Then the whole family can meet up and take the Shuttle together over to the pier.

Archived