5-day Bermuda cruise & the new passport card

njhelena

Hi everyone,

DH and I are thinking about a 5-day Bermuda cruise on Explorer out of Cape Liberty, NJ (we live in NJ). We do not have passports, can we just get the new passport cards for this cruise or do we need full-fledged regular passports? There's a pretty big difference in price.

Also, do you have any tips on getting the best deal on am RCI cruise? I saw something mentioned about a Monday RCI deal website... where will I find the link to this, and are the prices really good? Pricewise, are we better off going through RCI's website or a travel agent or some discount website?

I appreciate any input. Thanks for your help!

njhelena

Since it is a closed loop cruise (leaving and returning to the same US port) assuming you are US citizens then you can sail with a certified birth certificate and driver's license, the passport card is basically worthless unless you live near a border that you will use frequently.

Monday website is only for last minute deals. Otherwise all agents will have the same prices as RCCL except those that may be holding group space. RCCL does not allow discounting.

Thanks very much for the info, Sue!

Re: those last-minute Monday deals, how last-minute are they? Within a couple of weeks? And how discounted do they get?

Within a month or so, the Bermuda cruise tends to sell out, very rarely on there. If you want to have any selection book regular as there is no guarantee that any sailings will show on that.

Archived