otb question

Toast1412

We booked our cruise with a Carnival vacation planner. A total of 4 rooms.

8 adults are goings. We have used the same Carnival vacation planner for

the past 4 cruises we booked. We have never aksed for anything in the past. Is it rude to ask him for some type of obc for all the

business we sent his way?

the past 4 cruises we booked. We have never aksed for anything in the past. Is it rude to ask him for some type of otb credit for all the

You can ask, but I don't think you'll get anything.

What do you do-- go to the agent and say--look i gave youbusiness now give me something??? I mean how do you word that??

If looking for something extra you may need an agent that does that.

Carnival PVP are not allowed to discount- and 4 cabins with 2 adults does not equal a hill of beans in todays market.

Now if you had other friends and that those 4 cabins up to 8 cabins-- that would constitute a group and you"could" get something

What do you do-- go to the agent and say--look i gave youbusiness now give me something??? I mean how do you word that??

If looking for something extra you may need an agent that does that.

Carnival PVP are not allowed to discount- and 4 cabins with 2 adults does not equal a hill of beans in todays market.

Now if you had other friends and that those 4 cabins up to 8 cabins-- that would constitute a group and you"could" get something

I'm not really the tpye of person to ask for things. I was just wondering.

We have used the same person for every cruised we have booked.

We could have gone some place else to book, but we didn't.

Like everyone has mentioned, they aren't allowed to do that. Travel agents might offer $25 of on board credit but the folks who work directly for Carnival can't...

:)

Only way you are going to get perks from a vacation planner is if you have a group of 8 or more staterooms, or if the rate code you are using provides them.....Using a TA may enable you to get some perks for a group your size, and may not, but if you decide to work with a TA, realize that anything regarding your booking will have to be done thru them as the cruiseline cannot discuss or change anything for you regarding a booking that is in control by a TA. Also, some TA's have fee's they charge for their services and or fee's above what the cruiseline may have.

Carnival 800 Agents and Carnival PVP's aren't "Travel Agents" - they have no authority/ability to give you perks for booking. If you want perks you'll have to start using an independent Travel Agent (and they are recently limited by Carnival in the amount of perks they can give) or book "Group" cruises. ken

the past 4 cruises we booked. We have never aksed for anything in the past. Is it rude to ask him for some type of obc for all the

You are certainly free to ask....but don't expect anything.

Thousands of passengers bring thousands of others to cruise lines all the time by referral or, like you, a steady group of folks.

Now, if you were bringing a group booked through the group department, that might be a different issue.

Archived