MSC Fantasia how is Spa & on board included

delgadofam2002

Med. June 2011. We are from the US trying to see what we should pre-book since it would be US$

How are the spa services we are 2 they had a couples package for $691.US but is there time w/a port stop everyday? Also do they give good massages?

Beverages whats included? Water is tap always available & is it drinkable? The all inclusive seem to high since we are 2 adults & 2 teens & so many port days. the voucher seem better. I was thinking of the soda voucher & 4 wine bottle voucher. Will they allow all red only vs the mix stated.

Any other information I should know please tell me. This will be our first time MSC & first time in Europe. Thank you

I haven't been on the Fantasia but I did a Mediterranean cruise on her sister ship, the Splendida, a year ago. First of all, I'm pretty sure your on board charges and packages will be in euros, even if you pre book. They may do things different for Americans but I think everything you pre book including excursions and packages all go on your on board account which you pay at the end of the cruise. The spa services are excellent as are the massages done by lovely young ladies from Bali. You can schedule your treatments day by day calculating the time the ship is scheduled to depart each day. I always like to schedule my massages at 18.00 which gives me time to get back to the cabin, shower, and change for dinner. At dinner if you want tap water just ask your waiter and he will have a jug set on your table (yes it's drinkable). Unless you're heavy drinkers you may find it more convenient to select your wine from the wine list in the MDR. For your teens they have the soft drink package that will save a little. I didn't think MSC did an "all inclusive" package but maybe so. Aside from breakfast when it's free, you pay for just about anything you drink besides tap water.

I pre booked a spa package on the fantasia and paid in £ sterling. It was quite a saving on the onboard proce (which is in Euros as Capricruiser says). The spa area is very nice and the massages (Balinese style) are very good. I normally book quite an extensive spa package to use on sea days but only booked a mini one for the Fantasia as we had no sea days - we only had a half day in Tunis, so we used it then. You'll need to check the port times and take in to account whether you are going to be on first or second seating for dinner to work out if you will have time to use all the treatments included in the package. If you do decide to buy one, head to the spa as soon as you get onboard to book the times you want. The sooner you book the greater chance you have of getting your treatments exactly when you want.

I never had much success in getting tap water on any Euroipean sailing with MSC but then again I probably was nt that persitent/assertive about it and just gave in and purchased bottled water. Wine by the carafe/glass is fine and very reasonable too.

Thank you all so much!! Yes MCS Cruise USA does allow everything pre-booked to be in US $$$. Everything booked charged prior to departure. It is refundable if they make a change once your on board. I saw the difference on the spa, excursions, & drink packages pre book US vs on board Euro WOW what a huge difference major savings. So yes I will be pre booking. The exchange rate has gone down a little but not enough. We are a family of 4 so its costing a pretty penny.

Archived