Do We need to give Airline infro to Princess?

elmtree

We recieved our packet for our Alaskan cruise in May yesterday, and there were two sheets(one for each of us) asking for our airline flight number and stuff like that.We are flying in a day early and out a day after the cruise, so do we still have to fill these things out and send them back to Princess?

Guest Host Tink
We recieved our packet for our Alaskan cruise in May yesterday, and there were two sheets(one for each of us) asking for our airline flight number and stuff like that.We are flying in a day early and out a day after the cruise, so do we still have to fill these things out and send them back to Princess?

Hey Elm, It's not a necessity, but it's a good thing to do anyway because Princess will then know what your arrival time is and be able to check whether or not you have arrived on board. I always recommend it to my clients.

We've never filled out flight info that we've booked privately (we always book on our own and have for 30+ cruises). We always have a pre-stay in the city where we board so we know even with a delay, we're going to arrive in plenty of time. Princess will know if you've boarded the 1st day without flight info because you will have checked in and will have received your cruise/key cards, etc. Sometime during the cruise, there is a request in the Princess Patter asking for "all" passengers booked on their own air, to bring their airline tickets/e-tickets to the Purser's Desk so they can give you the proper disembarkation tags at the end of the cruise. You mention that you're doing a post-stay, so the chances are you'll get a lower priority color tag.

Sandy

Ok..Thanks for the information guys...I will send the sheet in with our flights and that way they will have them..I really don't care when they let us off the ship the last day..We're in no hurry..just going to get a cab to our hotel and shop and mess around in Seattle before our next day flight home..

Just a heads-up for you folks flying in on your own regarding something that happened to us this week. Apparently Princess's computer system doesn't recognize AirTran as a "viable" airline to choose from when tracking your flight info.

My TA called me yesterday and told me that Princess hadn't received my flight info yet for our upcoming cruise this weekend. I knew that couldn't be correct, since I called them myself a couple of weeks ago to confirm my flight info. So, I called Princess yesterday afternoon and spoke with a very helpful agent who checked into the situation and discovered that they apparently don't recognize AirTran as a valid airline in their system. But, never fear, she still put in our arrival time and a note at the bottom of our info with which airline we were coming in on, and assured me that we definitely would be picked up in FLL. :)

So, yeah, if you're flying AirTran, double-check w/ Princess!

I think it's a good idea to fill out and send in the flight information, even if you plan to arrive the day before. That's still no guarantee you'll make the ship. I've been in the situation where I'd planned to arrive the day before but still missed the boat. Princess knew where I was and when I was arriving. Also, god forbid, your luggage is lost, Princess will be able to find it and arrange to get it to you at the next port. I think it's better to be safe than sorry and fill out the information.

We've never filled out flight info that we've booked privately (we always book on our own and have for 30+ cruises). We always have a pre-stay in the city where we board so we know even with a delay, we're going to arrive in plenty of time.

I think the only time you really need to provide that info is if you are using Princess transfers to/from the ship. Then, they kinda need to know what flight you are on so that the person meeting the passengers at the airport will know what flights everybody is supposed to be on.

I have Princess transfers (not air) on my Island cruise next month, and my travel agent made sure to get all the flight info from me so that she could pass it along to Princess.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I think the only time you really need to provide that info is if you are using Princess transfers to/from the ship. Then, they kinda need to know what flight you are on so that the person meeting the passengers at the airport will know what flights everybody is supposed to be on.

That's exactly right, when using Princess transfers to and from the ship. Check the form next time, it says this right on it.

We always take a taxi to and from the ship so never provide this information. A call to Princess a couple of cruises ago confirmed this.

Archived