best beach for a wedding?

MimiHaya

Wow.. thats kind of hard.. I could recommend any number, but there are several factors to consider, with the most important being that NO BEACH IS PRIVATE.. so don't be suprised if you see people just kind of hanging out watching you get married. You can't ask them to leave the beach.. (you can ask them nicely if they will go so another section.. but not to leave).

Are you staying in Barbados or just here for a day on a ship and wanting to get married while here. (I'm not sure the day thing is possible by law, unless you are going through a cruise line to get married.)

If staying here choose a good Location for the ceremony, reception etc. I might suggest Accra Beach at Sunset and you may want to contact Sugar Reef to see if they can set up the wedding and the reception. (not sure if they do, but it's possible). The SeaBreeze Hotel has a fabulous small beach and they may be able to do your ceremony and reception. At Sunset the beach is beautiful. Not an easy beach to get to unless you have permission to go through the hotel..

I would have said Paynes Bay on the West Coast, but was there this past weekend and there is not much beach left. Winter storms have taken much of the sand away.. Still my favorite place to be on the beach and in the water.

I'm sure there may be other locations but these are myy top choices..

Good luck..

Thank you, Sunniebgi,

We are going on Carnival Dectiny in the end of August. We are actually legaly married, but we just had civil ceremony, and I didn't wear a wedding dress. So, we are having a beach wedding through a travel agancy. It will be only two of us.It seemed that we could pick a beach that we like, so I asked the question.

I will look for a picture of Accra beach. It's too bad your favorite bay had a storm...

I'm going to suggest that you talk to a local wedding coordinator. Someone who can make sure you are all set for the day.. Even if it's a small civil ceremony.

Try Lisa Ward at the following. http://www.barbados.org/weddings/isla/precious.htm

I don't have any idea of the rates, but you can let her know that Sarah from Foster & Ince recommended her (not that it will help in the price, but I do know her).

There used to be a rule that you had to be in Barbados for 3 days to get a liscense but I think that has changed, and if it's just a civil ceremony I don't have a clue.

Have fun

Archived