Save the Dates with Cruise Info Flyer (pics)

Liv2bCruzin

Hey Ladies! (FYI this is the first time I have posted any photos when I view my posting the pics look huge and you have to scroll all around to very them. If it comes out wrong someone give me hand..lol anyway...

OMG....I have finally finished making my save the dates!! This is my first DIY project for the wedding. I ordered the magnets from a giftful heart, I found this from a bride to be on here. I actually ordered the same ones she did! (Thank you btw for posting your magnet I fell in love with them when I saw yours) I then made my own template for the flyer with the cruise information, I purchased card stock and printed them. I then burned the edges of each and everyone yes all 91 of them...blah!!! It was pure hell..... but worth it to me. I then tri folded them and used a wax sealing kit with a stamp that has "P" on it. Next I tied them in raffia and hot glued a sea shell straight from the Florida beaches on the front.(Thank goodness those where give to me by my mother in law she had jars of them :) Postage however was a mess! I had this grand idea in my head but when I a sample to the post office after making all 91 of them.....OMG 1.39 per envelope. I about died.!! They classify it has a package even though they were in a legal size envelope. So beware of this for any of your future mailings...lol I can't wait for my guests to receive these! Tell me what you ladies think!!

s1tc2a.jpg

5dngc6.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/al2ngw.jpgal2ngw.jpg30uv0gw.jpg24n4ndd.jpg

Love them!! How did you make both?

The magnets where purchased from A giftful heart they are incredible btw... the quality of the magnets were way better than I expected. They were very thick and the template part was of very high gloss thick the edges look almost beveled . I would highly recommend them.

I used card stock paper which had the coloring of tea dyed (purchased from Michaels), then came up with a template in power point, I burned all the edges of the paper with a candle outside.( It made a huge mess...lol) I burned about 3 to 4 sheets at a time however there where a few that went up in flames...ha ha ha....

I tri-folded all of them and the used a wax sealing kit (purchased from Michaels) to seal each tri-fold.

I then tied them in raffia and cut the edges of the bows to insure the bow would fit in a envelope.

My mother in law has many jars of shells given living in Florida and all, she sorted though them and found all the same type of shells and similar size. I put a small amount of hot glue in the center of the bow and stuck on the shells.

I then slipped in my magnets and that's it!

Thank you for sharing this!!!! LOVE it ALL!!!! My fiance and I are to be married in August...just booked the cruise. They want the deposit on 2/28, just booked on 1/28. How were you able to extend the deposit deadline?

Thank you for sharing this!!!! LOVE it ALL!!!! My fiance and I are to be married in August...just booked the cruise. They want the deposit on 2/28, just booked on 1/28. How were you able to extend the deposit deadline?

That's the joy of using a TA and not booking directly through Carnival...I wouldn't trust them with a bag of peanuts... And actually my TA is allowed to extend it up to 4 times . She calls the date before it expires and gets another 30 days! I am not telling my guests that though. Carnival may do it for you I don't know.

• 1 year later...

Liv2bCruzin - Thanks so much for posting your Save the Date info.....I am struggling as to how to send additional information to everyone. We are also getting married on the Legend; would you mind telling me how it was, what the ceremony and reception was like......we have cruised many times so know what to expect with the sailing part but the marriage thing has me thrown ;)

Just wondering where you found the map that you put on the invite sheet? I have looked all over google and cant seem to find one for our cruise....do you remember where you got it?

Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That's the joy of using a TA and not booking directly through Carnival...I wouldn't trust them with a bag of peanuts... And actually my TA is allowed to extend it up to 4 times . She calls the date before it expires and gets another 30 days! I am not telling my guests that though. Carnival may do it for you I don't know.

These are wonderful!! You did such an awesome job! Would you mind emailing me your TA info? My fiance and I are debating whether or not we wanna go that route or just give our guest the info to lock in the early saver rate. Thanks!! my email is dmurray0521@gmail.com.

Those are the same save the dates I used! I bet I was the past bride the original poster referenced!:)

I also did a similar enclosure with the details of booking the cruise. I had the itinerary listed as well as the map like the original poster. If you search for your cruise on Expedia you'll see the thumbnail of the maps. I was able to copy/paste onto a Word Document then printed in color. Then I took my printouts to Staples and had them print several on cardstock. I then used my paper trimmer to make them notecard sized. They fit perfectly in with the Save The Dates in the envelopes.

My group booked directly with Carnival and didn't have any problems with booking.

Archived