Has anyone ordered gift certificates and used them as onboard credit?

I like purchasing onboard credit so, I can enjoy myself when cruising. Other cruise lines make it easy. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with ordering gift certificates, then returning them to Carnival and then hoping I get the onboard credit. Has anyone ever done this? If so, did you encounter any problems? Thanks for the input.

Guest Time2gocruzn

If they are giftcertificates.com, you can only use them towards booking the cruise NOT for ship purchases. IF they are directly from Carnival be sure to read all the restrictions. ;)

I purchased Carnival gift certificates before my Miracle cruise week before last. I took them with me and turned them into the pursers desk and they were immediately applied to my acount. You DON'T have to mail them back in, that is only if you want the amount credited towards the purchase price of the cruise itself. You can also just tell them you want to purchase onboard credits and they will apply it to your account just like the other cruiselines without buying the GCs.

Exactly! I gave my DH Carnival Fun Dollars in his Christmas stocking. He took them to the purser's desk our first night aboard, and they showed as a credit on our Sail 'n Sign account, no problem. We're buying some now for our September cruise.

You can also call 1-800-906-7603 and apply cabin credit to your account. At the end of the call just write down the confirmation number which you will take with you (just in case it winds up missing.

For our cruise in February I got funship dollars as a xmas present which I took with me and took on Monday morning to apply to my account. My credit I bought was already on my account when I looked on the tv as soon as we got in the cabin.

Archived