Carnival Fantasy Questions

littlewake2

We will be cruising on the Fantasy out of Charleston, SC. I have a few questions regarding the ship and ports. First of all how does the parking work when you arrive at the port? We have cruised several other cruise lines out of ports in FL but I was curious as to how the flow worked in Charleston and what tips we need to know.

Also we have been to a number of places in the Caribbean including Nassau but normally don't do much in Nassau or Freeport due to the lack of scenery and just no interest in those ports (much prefer the smaller islands in the Bahamas like the Abacos), however we are wanting to go to Atlantis for the day. What is the best way to get tickets and access to Atlantis and what should we do once there?

Any tips for must do things on the ship or tips to help us out?

We cruised the Fantasy last summer, and are going again in July.There are signs directing you to the cruise ship. You then get in line with the rest of the cars. Pay for parking,unload luggage, then park. There will be guys showing you where to park,its just a big warehouse. You then get in line for a shuttle bus to take you to the ship. Sounds kind of complicated, but its not. The big hold-up is waiting to clear the warehouse from the previous cruisers. We got in line last year around 1045 and were on Lido deck by noon.Hope this helps. Any more questions, I will be happy to answer.

Just off the Fantasy about 10 days ago. Great ship and a great friendly crew.

We flew in then took a taxi from the hotel to the port - so not alot of help on that part of your question. The port is a commercial port and was a little confusing on how the parking and stuff worked, but the embarkation was quick and the easiest we have ever had at any port.

We did Atlantis for the day. We took a taxi from the port to the Atlantis and did a day pass which included the water park, the beach, aquarium and everything. It was a little pricey at $120.00 PP - the taxi ride was $4 pp. The carnival excursion for this was $160.00 pp so it was some what cheaper. The day pass is pricey - but for our 'kids' ages 26 & 23 (haha) it was worth it. My DH & I didn't do all the slides and stuff at the water park, but our kids really enjoyed it and I'm glad we paid the price to do it - we didn't do anything in Freeport - but shop and walk around.

Hope you have a great cruise.

We cruised on the Fantasy 17-22 Jan 2011.

Parking is right at the port. Just drive to the port address (176 Concord Street, Charleston) and there will be signs.

Parking is in old warehouses. $75 a day. Buses take you to the terminal. It is old and small (supposed to be a new one soon).

Freeport. We took a taxi and did a tour of the island (stopped at the market to see the conch demonstration, get fresh conch fritters andbuy coconut rum) and went to Our Lucyana. The water was cold (even in the pools).

Nassau we just walked around and then tok a taxi to the Poop Deck for lunch (its a Nassau landmark - but more for dinner than lunch).

Our point was to cruise! We'd been to Freeport (2x) and Nassau (3x) before.

There were 11 of us that sailed the Fantasy in June. We drove, and then parked at our hotel and took a hotel shuttle to the port. I thought embarkation was a little wacky (that was early June and it sounds like the port has it organized a bit better now.)

At that time we dropped off our luggage, then were taken to a HOT waiting area to board busses to get into port area. Lots of disgruntled people--but we were finally allowed into the building to be "processed" Problem with this port is they really do not have a terminal for cruise ships. They are supposedly working on it. None the less, we loved our cruise!!!

In Nassau, we booked 3 rooms (max. of 4 people per room.) at the Comfort Inn/Atlantis which is owned by Atlantis. It ended up being much cheaper than any other way to go-- around $89 pp.

We took a taxi to the Comfort Inn, then checked in, got our wrist bands, then walked right to the slides and pool. The price did not include food, but honestly we did not find the food prices horribly expensive. We purchased hamburger combos/chicken combos with fries and drinks and thought it was reasonable. (<$10) Drinks/beers were tasty--and environment was fun!!

In Freeport, we booked an all inclusive through carnival and we enjoyed it. It was son # 3s --21at birthday and it included food all day and drinks. They had trapeeze lessons, non motorized water sports, sand volleyball, and lots of chairs and umbrellas. The beach could have been a bit cleaner, but we still had lots of fun.

Have a great time.

Parking is right at the port. Just drive to the port address (176 Concord Street, Charleston) and there will be signs.

Parking is in old warehouses. $75 a day. Buses take you to the terminal. It is old and small (supposed to be a new one soon).

Freeport. We took a taxi and did a tour of the island (stopped at the market to see the conch demonstration, get fresh conch fritters andbuy coconut rum) and went to Our Lucyana. The water was cold (even in the pools).

Nassau we just walked around and then tok a taxi to the Poop Deck for lunch (its a Nassau landmark - but more for dinner than lunch).

I think there is a typo here because we did not pay $75 a day for parking. I do believe it was $15 a day. As everyone else said it works fairly well and the parking spaces in the garage are huge! No squeezing in with people banging your car with their doors.

We were on the cruise with you. :D Loved the lazy approach to the cruise we took.

To the OP, we did not park at port so I cannot provide feedback.

Nassau - We got off the ship around noon and headed to Conch Fritters for lunch, then over to the Hilton to dip the toes in the water. lol.

I have heard a lot of people will book Atlantis directly as opposed to the excursion offered by CCL. I believe there is a lot of good information on the excursion thread for the Bahamas on Atlantis.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

I think there is a typo here because we did not pay $75 a day for parking. I do believe it was $15 a day. As everyone else said it works fairly well and the parking spaces in the garage are huge! No squeezing in with people banging your car with their doors.

Post-cruise depression!

$75 parking for the entire cruise. $15 a day,

Archived