our wedding stuff

swalton85

Hey girls... just thought i'd post pics of all the DIY stuff i made & the other things i bought for our wedding. it may give some of you ideas for your big day!!

39054_1370173457541_1327875540_30924047_7172680_n.jpg

my flowers my moh & i made... i also made all the bouts & corsages for other guests at our wedding

73655_1473574242496_1327875540_31151533_4052814_n.jpg

wedding invitations i made

167247_1563028078786_1327875540_31333451_882874_n.jpg

shells i made to decorate our cake with

179443_1563036839005_1327875540_31333463_3680791_n.jpg

our cake topper

163821_1563038239040_1327875540_31333469_4763605_n.jpg

our sand ceremony set

if you wanna know how i made any of these or where i bought the stuff from let me know :)

it was pretty easy!!! i went to michaels craft store & just started grabbing flowers in colors that i liked & kind of arranging them into a bouquet. once i figured out all the flowers i wanted i made sure to get ribbon to wrap the handles in, floral wire, long pins to use for your handle & green floral tape. you definitely need good wire cutters to cut the stems or you will kill your hands! after i got home my moh and i started arranging the bouquets & once we liked the way they looked we wrapped it like crazy with floral tape & wire so it would stay in place. then you just wrap your handle & hold it in place with those long pins with the pearl on the end. michals also does silk floral design so if you don't think you can do it yourself look into their services. it was fun & pretty easy. the big thing is if you don't like how it looks, you can always take it apart and try again.

39054_1370173497542_1327875540_30924048_7212102_n.jpg

close up of my bouquet

40325_1370175857601_1327875540_30924064_5306209_n.jpg

my bouquet handle

i know someone who is a florist & she taught me how to do the braid up the handle with the white ribbon.

the shells were really easy to make. i went to michaels & bought white fondant, silver dust stuff that you put on the fondant & shell candy mold. it was only like $13 for all of it & i have a lot of fondant left so i could have made a TON of shells. the only part that was tricky was getting the fondant out of the mold. i put it in the fridge for a little while to harden up & i had to use a metal skewer to stick into the back of the fondant and pull it out.

the shells were really easy to make. i went to michaels & bought white fondant, silver dust stuff that you put on the fondant & shell candy mold. it was only like $13 for all of it & i have a lot of fondant left so i could have made a TON of shells. the only part that was tricky was getting the fondant out of the mold. i put it in the fridge for a little while to harden up & i had to use a metal skewer to stick into the back of the fondant and pull it out.

thank you so much for the info! i've always wanted to take a cake decorating class or something to learn this stuff!

Hey girls... just thought i'd post pics of all the DIY stuff i made & the other things i bought for our wedding. it may give some of you ideas for your big day!!

my flowers my moh & i made... i also made all the bouts & corsages for other guests at our wedding

wedding invitations i made

shells i made to decorate our cake with

our cake topper

our sand ceremony set

You rock girl. I really wish I was more of a DIY girl. The only I can do is design stuff on sites that help you (ex: visitaprint, zazzle, 123print etc..). I don't have the originality you ladies here have.

Wow, your stuff looks great. I am not much of a crafts person, but I can design stuff at least.

This was designed by the WeddingPaperDivas...

And these were designed by me, inspired though by Martha Stewart

s640x640.jpg

I really love the boarding pass style STD & Invites. What kind of paper did you print this on and what did you use to get the corners cut so nicely rounded? I am horrible with scissors! lol

Regular card stock and there are these corner cutters you can get from Michaels in the scrapbook section, people usually use them to round corners for photos but they work on anything.

You rock girl. I really wish I was more of a DIY girl. The only I can do is design stuff on sites that help you (ex: visitaprint, zazzle, 123print etc..). I don't have the originality you ladies here have.

I really love the boarding pass style STD & Invites. What kind of paper did you print this on and what did you use to get the corners cut so nicely rounded? I am horrible with scissors! lol

Regular card stock and there are these corner cutters you can get from Michaels in the scrapbook section, people usually use them to round corners for photos but they work on anything.

Thanks!

I actually have an online template that I found so I would just need some paper and the corner cutters.

Archived