Looking for pics of a "cove" balcony

lookin4ward

Does anyone have pictures of a cove balcony on the Dream? Are they all on the main deck and are tradional balconys worth the extra money? It would be nice to save a little money but not if it isn't enjoyable. Are they the same size as the regular ones? Any info and opinions I can get would be helpful.

There are a number of pictures here: cruiselinerooms (dot) com I can't post the actual url but you can get to the Dream very easily.

We just went around and around on this one for the Dream with the in-laws. They looked at cove, regular, extended, aft, wrap, etc etc etc. As I recall the price difference from cove to regular wasn't all that much considering. There was a little concern about being down so low not do to motion sickness or anything but the hike to the lido deck for pizza and ice cream :). In the end they actually ended up with an interior up a few decks and decided the extra would be better spent in port.

Check out some of the L shaped cabins in the aft (but I think they are only for 2 travelers).

Also, search this board for "cove balconies" and there are dozens of threads about them.

If you search this board for Cove Balcony, you will find several posts that include pictures that Host Mach, myself and others have posted.

The Cove Balcony is the the best balcony I've had! I've had all balcony types/locations in my cruising history. Loved it and if I were to sail on a ship that offered them that is the ONLY type cabin I would book after having one on the Dream. The balcony is a little deeper. The view of the water...SPECTACULAR!!!!

seems like you got some good responses with pictures, but i thought i'd share my two cents anyway. :)

we are balcony people. we enjoy spending a decent amount of time out there, so i was nervous booking the cove balcony, but we ended up loving it!! plus we felt like we were getting away with something because it was new and cool and much less expensive than the regular balconies!

some things we noticed:

1) the noise from the waves and wind was much louder in a cove balcony room compared to regular balconies. it wasn't a problem for us, but if you're a light sleeper, might be something to think about. although it did help drown the sound from the hallways on a couple nights with noisy neighbors!

2) you don't get quite as much direct sun in the cove balconies because of the way it's tucked inside the frame of the ship. so if you're using your balcony for private suntanning, it may not be for you.

3) on our particular sailing, we didn't spot any flying fish or dolphins or anything interesting like we normally do, but if there had been any it would have been an awesome place to see them!

4) the cove balcony was damp or wet the entire trip. we didn't get rain, but just the mist from the ocean/sea kept our cove balcony from ever fully drying out. i wouldn't sit in the chairs out there on formal night the way we might on a regular balcony.

Archived