Your Expectations of a Cruise

Bridge Maven

I think most of us agree that Celebrity has made cutbacks within the past few years even though we may not all be on the same wave length as to degree. With that in mind, what are your expectations of a cruise today?

My current expectations are:

Spacious cabin with balcony

A ship that is well maintained and in good condition

Good food, even though I don't expect it to be in the same league as an upscale land based restaurant

Attentive and friendly service, even though I don't expect it to be as professional as at an upscale restaurant

Someone to adequately address any problem that may arise during a cruise

Interesting activities during the day to fill the time I use to spend playing bridgeGood music in lounges

Public areas to engage in conversation with other passengers without feeling pressured to buy a drink that I don't want

I had greater expectations from a cruise a few years ago, but have modified them to be more realistic in today's cruising environment.

I find your expectations to be very fair and reasonable for any non-luxury cruise line.

By booking "off-peak" times and looking for good prices we were able to go on three cruises last year. There are few other types of vacations that can give so much value for your money on per person, per day basis.

Sara

I find your expectations to be very fair and reasonable for any non-luxury cruise line.

By booking "off-peak" times and looking for good prices we were able to go on three cruises last year. There are few other types of vacations that can give so much value for your money on per person, per day basis.

Sara

Totally agree with your comments. Cruising has become much more affordable for us compared with pricing when we took our first cruise in 1996. Our expectations have not had to come down as much as the pricing has, so as you say cruising remains excellent (or even better) value than it was in the past.

Archived