One night in Miami

sidders79

Hi all,

We are travelling from the UK to Miami in a few weeks time for out cruise on the Epic. We fly in Friday evening and are staying at the Courtyard Marriot Airport South.

Any recommendations as to where we should go out for a few drinks and some food? I have heard south beach is a good place to go.

Thanks

South Beach is cool and terribly chic, but pricey.

We're doing the same as you in April, but booked into the Holiday Inn at the port, which is spitting distance from the Hard Rock Cafe.

My advice... visit South Beach, take pictures of the beautiful 'deco' hotels, maybe have a drink, then head back to the Hard Rock Cafe for affordable eats.

Either way, have a great trip and please let us know how you get on.

If you're staying near the airport, Merrick Park in Coral Gables has some good restaurants for food and drinks....Otherwise, downtown Coral Gables has a great selection of any type of food/drink you could want, without the craziness of South Beach.....both locations are just about 15 minutes from the airport....

Have fun!

South Beach is cool and terribly chic, but pricey.

We're doing the same as you in April, but booked into the Holiday Inn at the port, which is spitting distance from the Hard Rock Cafe.

My advice... visit South Beach, take pictures of the beautiful 'deco' hotels, maybe have a drink, then head back to the Hard Rock Cafe for affordable eats.

Either way, have a great trip and please let us know how you get on.

Good idea! You have to go to SB just to say you were there. We also enjoy the area where the Hard Rock is (Bayside Marketplace).

I think we are gonna head down to Miracle Mile on the Friday night and because we are on a B2B cruise go to South Beach during the day on the middle saturday.

If we get a taxi to Miracle Mile, is there plenty to do around there? We will probably have a walk about and find somewhere to eat and drink.

Also, is there any easy way to get from Miami Port to South Beach? It looks so close on the map but I'm assuming that a taxi would need to drive back to the mainland and then out again to get to South Beach.

Archived