Just back from NCL Epic with 2 kids...

youngestof9

Hi & thanks for all the great info. I was looking at the Kids Club Dailies on the EPIC that was so graciously provided on the photobucket link but I didn't see any for the 9 year olds. I only saw for the other age groups. By any chance does anyone have one for the 9 year old group? Thanks.

Hi & thanks for all the great info. I was looking at the Kids Club Dailies on the EPIC that was so graciously provided on the photobucket link but I didn't see any for the 9 year olds. I only saw for the other age groups. By any chance does anyone have one for the 9 year old group? Thanks.

I'm sorry I didn't grab a 6-9 daily just to post! If you look at cruisinmama06's link she has lots of dailies. Although they're not from the Epic you might be able to see what they offer on the Jewel or Gem and I'm sure it's similar.

FYI on our sailing there were often times there weren't a lot of 6-9 and 10-12's so they combined them to do games and such.

I'm sorry I didn't grab a 6-9 daily just to post! If you look at cruisinmama06's link she has lots of dailies. Although they're not from the Epic you might be able to see what they offer on the Jewel or Gem and I'm sure it's similar.

FYI on our sailing there were often times there weren't a lot of 6-9 and 10-12's so they combined them to do games and such.

OK, thanks so much for the quick reply

Hello I was just wondering if you were on the Nickelodeon All Access Cruise or just a regular EPIC cruise? I was curious to see if the slime time live is on all EPIC cruises? My kids keep seeing it advertised on TV. How did you find the Nick part of it? Did they incorporate it into the Kids club or was it just a more subtle type of thing. We have already done the Disney Cruise so I am already preparing my kids to not expect that type of character exposure but still curious how much they are a part of it. Thanks.

Hello I was just wondering if you were on the Nickelodeon All Access Cruise or just a regular EPIC cruise? I was curious to see if the slime time live is on all EPIC cruises? My kids keep seeing it advertised on TV. How did you find the Nick part of it? Did they incorporate it into the Kids club or was it just a more subtle type of thing. We have already done the Disney Cruise so I am already preparing my kids to not expect that type of character exposure but still curious how much they are a part of it. Thanks.

Hi Nibs - I wasn't on an all access cruise - just one that had Nick stuff. It was definitely very subtle - here's a list of things they did on my sailing

nickatsea.jpg

We loved slime time live - it was a lot of fun. The Nick poolside games were really fun too. We only went to one meet & greet and they just let you take pics your kids with the characters. The people who are part of the Nick team were really fantastic.

Thanks so much youngest:), great info. We are on the EPIC for Easter, can't wait.

awesome! I imagine it will have a lot more kids than our sailing in January. All the same, it will still be fun. There's definitely a "chair hog" issue on the pool deck, but I've been reading recent reviews that NCL has people putting stickers on the chairs and if nobody is there in 30 minutes, they are removing the stuff. So that may help.

Have a wonderful time! We decided to book it again and we wanted a suite (we got SOOOOO spoiled last time because of an upsell!), so opted for President's Week of 2013 (exactly 2 years from today I'll be on Epic LOL!) so we had a while to save for it.

Have fun!!

Mary Beth :)

awesome! I imagine it will have a lot more kids than our sailing in January. All the same, it will still be fun. There's definitely a "chair hog" issue on the pool deck, but I've been reading recent reviews that NCL has people putting stickers on the chairs and if nobody is there in 30 minutes, they are removing the stuff. So that may help.

Have a wonderful time! We decided to book it again and we wanted a suite (we got SOOOOO spoiled last time because of an upsell!), so opted for President's Week of 2013 (exactly 2 years from today I'll be on Epic LOL!) so we had a while to save for it.

Have fun!!

Mary Beth :)

Thanks Mary Beth. Oh yes I am sure there will be PLENTY of kids. At least my kids will have plenty of friends. Happy kids means a happy Dad. :) Good to hear about the chair issue trying to be addressed but I even remember that being an issue at Disney. At least there you have an adult section if you want to "get away from it all" for a little while. There was always chairs there.

I am very jealous about the suite. I wish we had that but of course during Easter Week it was a little pricey already. Start socking that money away :). Glad to hear you had such a great time which booking another obviously speaks volumes.

I'll share my experience when I return. This is so valuabe when everyone chips in.

Steve

Thanks Mary Beth. Oh yes I am sure there will be PLENTY of kids. At least my kids will have plenty of friends. Happy kids means a happy Dad. :) Good to hear about the chair issue trying to be addressed but I even remember that being an issue at Disney. At least there you have an adult section if you want to "get away from it all" for a little while. There was always chairs there.

I am very jealous about the suite. I wish we had that but of course during Easter Week it was a little pricey already. Start socking that money away :). Glad to hear you had such a great time which booking another obviously speaks volumes.

I'll share my experience when I return. This is so valuabe when everyone chips in.

Steve

If your kids do the kids club, you'll find that Spice H2O is adults only and although can be crowded as well (especially on your holiday week), it's a nice break from kids and there's a nice bar (with delicious mudslides!) and a small place for food along with a pool.

We had originally booked a D1 (not sure what they renamed it now) but it was a "deluxe family balcony" - room 13214. 3 days before sailing they called with an upsell to the villa. I almost fainted. It was still more money, but a LOT less than if I had just booked it. It was easy to feel spoiled. We still can't believe we sailed like that! Hence taking 2 years to pay for the next one....

If your kids do the kids club, you'll find that Spice H2O is adults only and although can be crowded as well (especially on your holiday week), it's a nice break from kids and there's a nice bar (with delicious mudslides!) and a small place for food along with a pool.

We had originally booked a D1 (not sure what they renamed it now) but it was a "deluxe family balcony" - room 13214. 3 days before sailing they called with an upsell to the villa. I almost fainted. It was still more money, but a LOT less than if I had just booked it. It was easy to feel spoiled. We still can't believe we sailed like that! Hence taking 2 years to pay for the next one....

Thanks for the tip about Spice H2O. Is that the same as Posh or different? Is there a charge? If I received the upsell call I would be jumping for joy but I have a feeling the ship will be quite full so I'm not holding my breath. We took the kids out of school already for skiing so we had to do this trip on their break, otherwise I would have waited a few weeks. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip about Spice H2O. Is that the same as Posh or different? Is there a charge? If I received the upsell call I would be jumping for joy but I have a feeling the ship will be quite full so I'm not holding my breath. We took the kids out of school already for skiing so we had to do this trip on their break, otherwise I would have waited a few weeks. Thanks again.

Nope - no charge. It's at the back of the ship and has a huge screen - they sometimes show movies or concerts too. Lots of chairs around a small pool.

My husband is taking my daughter skiing in a few weeks - they have a day off for some supertintendent's day - so they are heading to Mt. Snow. (I'm so not a skiier even though I try!. It's time to get my 5 year old on the slopes - maybe I can bunny hill with her!)

Nope - no charge. It's at the back of the ship and has a huge screen - they sometimes show movies or concerts too. Lots of chairs around a small pool.

My husband is taking my daughter skiing in a few weeks - they have a day off for some supertintendent's day - so they are heading to Mt. Snow. (I'm so not a skiier even though I try!. It's time to get my 5 year old on the slopes - maybe I can bunny hill with her!)

Great good to know about Spice. I was worried I had to do Posh but wasn't exactly sure how much time I would have to enjoy it. It depends how often the kids hit the kids club but I didn't want to pay if I wind up not using often. Five years old is a great time to ski. That would be a good opporunity for you to jump on board. Once you get passed the first 3 times with all the falling & dealing with all the layers of clothes it really does become fun. Nice way to share time with the family & helps you toleratre winter, LOL.

• 3 months later...

hi. we are sailing on the eastern, epic, with a 21 month old. We are looking for family friendly beaches with calm waters, like a lagoon or bay. In St. Maarten when you take the water taxi, where do you get on it? Is it easy to find? Also, what stops does it make? Is it only Orient Beach or Great Bay? Was it easy to return to the ship?

In St. Thomas, what kind of taxis did they have? We wont have a car seat, will this be a problem? I want to go to Magens Bay Beach but if we go through NCL we only get 2 hours.

thank you!

After looking up videos of Great Bay Beach it looks perfect for us since the water is calm! Does the water taxi make a stop directly at this beach?

The water taxi is right there at port and it takes you right to the Great Bay - you can walk through the streets and pick your space on the beach. We really enjoyed it. Nice and close. There's a little pier to get it to take you back to the ships. VERY simple. You get a wristband and can use it all day for one price.

As far as St. Thomas, it's open air taxis so there are no carseats. I'm not sure there are even place to hook one up if you brought it. I saw lots of people holding kids in their laps or in between 2 adults. We hit Magen's Bay and it gets a little crowded but very very fun for little kids - very calm. Food was expensive there so bring some food (you can only bring prepackaged food due to affecting the local ecology so maybe little boxes of cereal and granola bars, etc.).

• 10 months later...
Are there height/weight/age requirements for the Epic bounce? We're cruising on the Epic out of Barcelona this summer and I know my 4 year old would love it.

my nephew went first - he's big for his age (4) it was fine, they said my daughter (3.5) could go but only let her bounce a few feet.

But the next time we went back it was a different guy and he wasnt so cautious.

Archived