Med cruise choices??

sandiego1

Well, I did it! I made a choice (well, hubbie helped). I just booked us on #1. The dates were the best for us since it leaves only 1 day after my DH biz trip ends.

#2 is on the Ryndam and I prefered to be on a newer ship. It was tough because I wanted to go to Barcelona, but Ephesus won out over Barcelona.

#3 on N. Amsterdam just left way to late for us. We would have had 7 nights in Venice before the cruise left (was just there in Sept for my last bday and LOVED it). Since it was a 12 day cruise, combined w/ DH biz trip, he would have been away from home for 27 nights. Too many for him.

Also looked at a few on Celebrity. The prices were just too high for a similar size suite. And no Neptune lounge or free laundry. HAL won out on a price per day comparision and amenities.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Awesome :-) I am totally jealous. Love to be on that cruise myself! Are you guys going to stay anywhere before/after the cruise?

We will be on the Noordam Roman Empires cruise in May. I will take good notes and tons of pictures so I can post a review. The review will not appear right away as I am booked on a second cruise within days of my return! Getting excited and May can't come soon enough.:D

Diane

We will be on the Noordam Roman Empires cruise in May. I will take good notes and tons of pictures so I can post a review. The review will not appear right away as I am booked on a second cruise within days of my return! Getting excited and May can't come soon enough.:D

Diane

Tough call, you can't lose but each is on a different type ship so this might make a difference. We are also signed up for the Ryndam and think this is a terrific itinerary, but we have also done a lot these other stops in the past so we were drawn to the uniqueness of the Ryndam ports combo.

Two are more heavily into Greece's top spots, while the Ryndam is more the out of the way stops few ships include but this might be second tier cruising if you have not yet fully seen all the big stops in this area first.

Personally, I don't think a one day stop in Rome is a good way to see this city as it takes many days to absorb, so I would reject the Civitavecchia one if you have to start culling out the differences. And we love Naples so this always is one of our plusses.

So for us, the smallest ship and the most unusual itinerary would put us on the Ryndam and by golly we are, in September with a few extra days in Barcelona at the end.

Archived