Stroller at port??

nc020594

I haven't "checked" a stroller, but I have checked a car seat both embarking and debarking with no problem, so I guess you can. However, given that the stroller might wind up at the bottom of a pile of very heavy suitcases, I wouldn't recommend it. No telling what shape it will be in by the time it gets to your cabin. ;)

Best bet is to leave the stroller open and if the little one isn't in it, use it to transport your carry-on luggage. That's what we've done on our past few cruises, and it worked out better than checking the stroller. :)

You absolutely can check a stroller, but I also don't recommend it. It can easily get damaged, and it may take all evening for it to get delivered. The ship is big and you may very well want to use it for your little one during that hectic first day.

Best bet is to leave the stroller open and if the little one isn't in it, use it to transport your carry-on luggage. That's what we've done on our past few cruises, and it worked out better than checking the stroller. :)

Built in luggage carrier and child restrainer :) There are potential a lot of lines and a lot of standing getting on. You may find it easier to actually just use it than to check it.

I haven't "checked" a stroller, but I have checked a car seat both embarking and debarking with no problem, so I guess you can. However, given that the stroller might wind up at the bottom of a pile of very heavy suitcases, I wouldn't recommend it. No telling what shape it will be in by the time it gets to your cabin. ;)

I think this is very good advice. How large is the stroller? Sometimes they can be a bear to navigate through the halls.

In Dec. in Tampa while boarding the Legend, I tried to check the stroller and was told I had to take it with me. In Jan. once again in Tampa, while boarding the Inspiration, the porter asked me "Don't you want to check your stroller?" I told him last time the man told me I couldn't and he told me I received bad information. After that, I'm guessing you can check them.

I would take the advise NOT to check it. Embarkation can be a very long, slow process. Going up up up ramps and stuff, plus the ship is nearly 3 football fields long. That's a lot of walking and standing to try to coral kids and carry-ons.

It's a double umbrella type stroller, side by side "Jeep" brand if that matters.

That is likely going to be too wide to navigate most areas comfortable or without a hassle. How old are the kids? Can one walk and the other go in a small umbrella stroller? I had a big double stroller for our two youngest. Then when we went to Disney I decided to buy a Baby Planet side by side umbrella stroller. It is the only one (at least at the time and I don't believe Jeep fits the dimensions) that was designed to navigate through a standard doorway. I had no issues there, but there is no way I would be able to get it in and out of the cabin doorways or bathroom doorways on a ship. They are simply too wide.

Archived