Parents allowed to stay in Adventure Ocean?

AMUSE71

Do you have to just drop your kids off or can you stay with them in Adventure Ocean? I have 2 young children who have never done the kids program on a cruise before. I know I shouldn't have.....but after reading about the crimes against children on cruise ships it has me worried somewhat.

If I were at Disneyworld with my kids I would not just leave them with some strangers that I don't know....opinons?

:DWe just got back from our 1/16-23 cruise on the Allure with our 3 1/2 year old. This was her first (and definitely not her last) cruise.

We had the perfect balance of couple and family time and we able to leave her for several hours at a time.

There is a common center room, if you want to play with your child(ren), but that is not supervised by anyone. It's for parents to play with thier kids only.

The actual Adventure Ocean room is for drop off only.

Our daughter had some seperation anxiety each day at drop-off. They let us hang around behind the gate while she went off to play. We were not allowed beyond the gate.

Think about it from a risk perspective. You wouldn't want random adults in a playground around your children.

I cannot say enough good things about this particular staff.

They are absolute saints and so personable! They're always smiling and full of activities.

We asked for a phone on the first day, and whenever there was an issue, they were able to call us direct.

We can't wait to book again.:D:D

Overtyme - Thanks for the great info. Could you elaborate the phones you got? Were they provided to you by the Adventure Ocean staff or are these the walkie talkies you can rent from RCI on the first day?

The phones were provided to us by Adventure Ocean staff for free.

They have a limited number of them, and tend to give them to parents with children in the nursery first, according to one of the staff.

But they had a box of them, and we didn't have to do much convincing.

The other advantage of having the phone was that when my wife and I went our seperate ways, it was easy for me to reach her by picking up any of the wall phones around the ship and dialing the extension of the phone that they gave to us :D

Overtyme I also have a quick question. Were you able to register your children as soon as you boarded or was there a later time to do so? I have a 2,5, and 11 year old and for my two year old in particular I would like to get her registered right away as I understand we are given a certain amount of hours for that age.

Also do they issue you and your husband each a phone or just one per family.

Thanks! :D

Thanks for the info......another question I have.....does anyone have scans of the Adventure Ocean daily schedule of activities? I have searched and found Allure Cruise Compasses, but can't seem to locate these? Any help is appreciated!

Archived