Gem (AF) Mini Suite Questions

rikkikika

We're leaving in less than 20 days and have some room questions:

1. Is there is a grab bar in the shower?
  2. What type of closet space is there for garments?
  3. Does the TV have A/V accessible jacks to use with a portable DVD player?
  4. Can luggage fit under the bed? What are some storage options?
  5. On the balcony,do the chairs have arms?

see below

1. Is there is a grab bar in the shower? don't remember
  2. What type of closet space is there for garments? there is a large closet almost as long as the bed with a shelf along the top and a long bar....we travel 'heavy' for clothes and had no problem on a 14 day cruise. We did bring extra hangers.
  3. Does the TV have A/V accessible jacks to use with a portable DVD player? no unless they've been updated since 2008
  4. Can luggage fit under the bed? yes. We have one GIANT bag that we stored with the lid opened so it would fit under What are some storage options? One of the great things about the mini is the amount of storage...in the 'entry' there's a bank of shelves and very deep drawers. There's a desk and a coffee table with room to set things. Shelf in closet holds alot. We bring suction hooks and put them on the wall in the entry to hold snorkels and bathing suits and robes and whatever.
  5. On the balcony,do the chairs have arms? yes and they are comfortable but not loungers. Is there a reason for asking this??

see below

1. Is there is a grab bar in the shower? don't remember
  2. What type of closet space is there for garments? there is a large closet almost as long as the bed with a shelf along the top and a long bar....we travel 'heavy' for clothes and had no problem on a 14 day cruise. We did bring extra hangers.
  3. Does the TV have A/V accessible jacks to use with a portable DVD player? no unless they've been updated since 2008
  4. Can luggage fit under the bed? yes. We have one GIANT bag that we stored with the lid opened so it would fit under What are some storage options? One of the great things about the mini is the amount of storage...in the 'entry' there's a bank of shelves and very deep drawers. There's a desk and a coffee table with room to set things. Shelf in closet holds alot. We bring suction hooks and put them on the wall in the entry to hold snorkels and bathing suits and robes and whatever.
  5. On the balcony,do the chairs have arms? yes and they are comfortable but not loungers. Is there a reason for asking this??

Thanks for the room info!

In regards to balcony seating, BF is a large guy and some times deck/patio chairs are uncomfortable for him.

I dont remember a grab bar in the shower. I just got off the Gem a couple of weeks ago. I'm short and getting into the tub was a mission. I held onto the bar on the door for leverage to get in and out.. The chairs are pretty roomy.. but there is a chair at the desk with no arms that I brought onto the balcony for when my mom was hanging out with hubby and I for drinks.. Have a great trip!!

Thought these might be useful.

I thought there was a grab bar in the shower, but now I am not sure if it is on the wall or just a handle on the glass sliding door.

As others have mentioned, closet is very big with lots of space. You can see the doors behind the bed. Also lots of drawer space at the corner of the closet.

Also here's a photo of my husband on the balcony chair. He is 6'1" and broad shouldered. Hope that helps you judge the size of the chair.

962424374_Gem089.jpg.ad2a8955cea9e6753dff949764b51a1b.jpg

balcony.jpg.2263ba3c56bfe93e6ff5e14cffc2255e.jpg

closet.jpg.3267285853772b2945bf1b7cfe11cdde.jpg

Archived