Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe

DASA

My family of 8 (5 adults, 3 children ages 4 to 6) is considering booking the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe through Carnival. The variety of beach activity that is offered is what is drawing us to this excursion. Can anyone tell me what kind of food is served on the buffet? Is there enough variety to satisfy adults and small children?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to go ahead and say it for the author of this post:

POST RELEVANT RESPONSES!!!!

If the posted question asks WHAT kinds of food.... answer what kinds of food are on the buffet IF you know... please don't tell us about everything OTHER than the answer to your question... you waste your time, the authors time and everyone else's time who searches the forum to find out what is in the buffet.

*stepping off soap box*

I'm just going to go ahead and say it for the author of this post:

POST RELEVANT RESPONSES!!!!

If the posted question asks WHAT kinds of food.... answer what kinds of food are on the buffet IF you know... please don't tell us about everything OTHER than the answer to your question... you waste your time, the authors time and everyone else's time who searches the forum to find out what is in the buffet.

*stepping off soap box*

Well, aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? I mean, you're griping because the previous person didnt exactly answer the op's question but technically neither are you... so If you don't have a response to the question don't post and gripe about other people who are posting responses without an answer to the question, just saying... :confused:

We really enjoyed Playa Mia when we went a few years back. We did the $40 option off the cruise that didn't include the buffet. From what I can remember and what we saw, there was TONS of food on the buffet. We had some friends who did the buffet and they seemed to really like it.

*sigh* I hate the fact that I have to do this... but it has to be said:

db110688 - really?? I mean, really? If I am complaining about the fact that no one responded with a relevant response due to the fact that I was looking for the answer and was very disappointed to see generic responses like

"the buffet was good"

then, I'm pretty sure I'm probably not going to have the answer. I don't think you thought that one through. Then you go on to tell me that I should not respond if I don't have a relevant response when you had nothing to really say... it was just a waste of time... AGAIN! Stop being "that user" who just responds to things to differ with someone for the sake of differing with them. If you look at the question and then the responses that I was referring to, you'll see that I had a point to make.

For all the rest of you who aren't DASA --

Here's what the questions was asking:

WHAT IS ON THE BUFFET... not what was your OPINION on the buffet.... not HOW BIG IS IT... not please-tell-me-about-something-else-that-you-did-other-than-the-buffet... WHAT IS ON THE BUFFET?????

I googled and got an answer. Whether or not I am reading it correctly is a different story. http://www.playamiacozumel.com/en/groups/food/buffet.html

What I took for the website is that in getting any one of the buffets--National, Silver, or Gold--you can select something from each one of the separate lines however only ONE dish prepared with chicken breast, only ONE dish prepared with pork top loin, etc.

However, the "Dish Selections" truly do include many different selections to choose from. I would highly suggest going to the site to see them all. I would love to copy them over from the site but it seems that I have run out of time. It looks really delicious though, check it out! I hope that you and your family enjoy the meals there!

In the grand scheme of things we are talking about the buffet at a beach break in Cozumel...this should be a happy, light topic...chill out

I haven't seen the person asking the question complain once...if you think someone's response is stupid, then just move on...or have a drink

it's mostly the fact that we come here for information and when we ask and people respond with anything that floats off their mind...it's a bit frustrating...

I agree. The subject is a nice and light topic. However, the context of it not being either (1) AT the location which we are having the discussion or (2) when the ENTIRE thread was started for the purpose of asking for information, makes it inappropriate to not respond with the information that is needed. Cruise Critic has even started a rule concerning this. You can find it http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1207555

ok, at the risk of upsetting the posting police, I don't know what was on the buffet. I went to Playa Mia and took the cooking class. Included in that was full access to everything else for the rest of the day, but honestly I was too full from eating my own successes to look at the buffet.

I can tell you that lots of people were walking around with heaping plates of food and looked very satisfied with the selection and quanitity of the offerings. Not too much uneaten food was left on those plates when they went into the trash, so it must have tasted ok.

I say give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed with the food.

The rest of the resort was great too. Facilities were clean, lots of activities and the beach was fantastic.

• 2 months later...

We had a good time at Playa Mia. The facilities were clean and well organized. There was a large variety of food served ono the buffet. There was fruit, salad fixings, tortillas and chips, corn, refried beans, fried calamari, french fries, hot dogs, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, chicken and beef tortillas, and a pork dish that was similar to pulled pork. The food was extremely good.

Archived