Did Island Marketing get new vans?

pitterpattershoppe

I've been researching excursions/tours for the past couple of days. Time and again, I've come across poor reviews regarding Island Marketing tours in Belize due to old vans that break down (i.e. flat tires) and do not have air conditioning.

On their Web site, Island Marketing states...

"One of our many brand new air conditioned vans awaiting our clients at the Port of Belize City in Belize."

Can anyone verify that they are indeed using new vans now? I've kind of been anointed the family travel agent and don't want to steer 14 people wrong. Don't want us all missing the ship either.

Thanks,

-pitterpattershoppe

I've been researching excursions/tours for the past couple of days. Time and again, I've come across poor reviews regarding Island Marketing tours in Belize due to old vans that break down (i.e. flat tires) and do not have air conditioning.

On their Web site, Island Marketing states...

"One of our many brand new air conditioned vans awaiting our clients at the Port of Belize City in Belize."

Can anyone verify that they are indeed using new vans now? I've kind of been anointed the family travel agent and don't want to steer 14 people wrong. Don't want us all missing the ship either.

Thanks,

-pitterpattershoppe

Can't speak for their entire fleet, but the van my dtr and husband were on for their cavetubing excursion 1/13/11 was old, rickety and did indeed break down. They also ran with minimal fuel, causing some concern about reliability. Staff were friendly, but tubing equipment (tubes/head lamps) was old. I wouldn't choose them again (in Belize...Island Mktg. in Roatan was great).

Can't speak for their entire fleet, but the van my dtr and husband were on for their cavetubing excursion 1/13/11 was old, rickety and did indeed break down. They also ran with minimal fuel, causing some concern about reliability. Staff were friendly, but tubing equipment (tubes/head lamps) was old. I wouldn't choose them again (in Belize...Island Mktg. in Roatan was great).

Wow that is sad since we did our cave-tubing through them in 08 and we were picked up in a very nice van that was very clean in the inside, the air conditioner was working fine, and the tubing equipment was also in great condition.

Archived