Shore Excursion Help! Which ports are best for dolphin encounters/ziplining/snorkle

starfish236

Hey Everyone! My boyfriend & I are planning our shore excursions for our cruise in May :o)

We really want to do ziplining/dolphin encounter/snorkling, their are so many to choose from on each port, which ones are the best you think?

We are traveling to Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan & Cayman Islands...this will be our first encounter with dolphins. Some of our friends went on one excursion and they said their was not much time to swim with them, a lot of instructions so little time to spend with the animals... has anyone been on one that is truly all about swiming and riding with the dolphins?

Also this will be our first time snorkling...which port is the best out of the 4 you think for this adventure?? Has anyone done theziplining adventure park in Cozumel?

Thanks for all the help! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say :cool:

~Kate

I'll give you my picks for dolphin swim and ziplining: Dolphins - Cozumel (Royal Dolphin Swim, Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park) Ziplining - DEFINITELY Roatan (South Shore Canopy). We booked these indepentently, not thru the ship.

I'll give you my picks for dolphin swim and ziplining: Dolphins - Cozumel (Royal Dolphin Swim, Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park) Ziplining - DEFINITELY Roatan (South Shore Canopy). We booked these indepentently, not thru the ship.

Cozumel is the place to do the dolphin swim. Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park. However, you are no longer allowed to book this excursion directly through the park. Starting Jan 1, they struck up a deal with Carnival, and now that it is offered through the on board excursions list, you have to book through Carnival and pay $70-89 more than you would if you booked directly through Dolphin Discovery.

You can attempt to book direct with Dolphin Discovery, but make sure not to tell them you are coming in on a Carnival ship, or they will tell you they can help you no further, and you have to book through Carnival.

As far as answering your question, Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab park is a great place. Beaches, pools, sea lion shows, bars, gift shops, etc. We have done both the Royal Dolphin Swim and the Push, Pull, Swim. Both are great.

Hey! That's fantastic, great minds think alike, expecially when it comes to vacation time :cool:

I think the dolphin encounters in Cozumel seem to be the best yet so far, what date are you going on your cruise? We sail May 1st, this will be our second one for my boyfriend & I, can't wait!!!!

~Kate

Archived