Embarkment Day Wedding

amyknz

I got married in December on The Carnival Spirit which has a wedding chapel. I wasn't thrilled with using their white silk flower columns either. But you spend such a short amount of time in the actual chapel, it didn't turn out to be that big of deal. I wish I had only used 2 columns that were on the altar rather than the 4 they provide. Two were in front of the altar amd weren't really needed because the chapel is pretty small. Plus they blocked the view of some of the wedding party during the ceremony. Read my review and it will tell you about the fiasco we had with getting our flowers. To make a long story short, we were able to bring on board our own live flowers from a vendor that I picked.

we asked that our cake just be frosted white and had our florist supply extra ribbon to go around the bottom of the tiers. She also provided a few extra flowers. We brought our own wedding cake topper. If you do this to add color to the cake, make sure you use satin ribbon rather than the gossimer type and make sure it does not have wire in the ribbon. I brought a couple of straight pins to secure the ribbons. It was beautiful and felt very custom. You can add more of your wedding colors by bringing in your own paper cocktail napkins. We had our printed with Eat, Drink and be Married, followed by our names.

My daughter is getting married on embarkation day in Ft Lauderdale before the Crown Princess sails. We're working through all of the final details but have a good handle on things. Our group is too large (67 total - 35 sailing and 32 non sailing) for the wedding chappel, so our wedding consultant has requested Skywalker's for the ceremony and reception. I was able to arrange for a group rate at a hotel near the port - so most people are booking at the hotel. I was also able to get the hotel to provide two full American buffet coupons to members of our group that book at the hotel (it ends up being about a $15 pp 'perk' for staying there). We're hosting a cocktail party/meet and greet thing on Friday evening at the hotel. Saturday morning, everyone can get up and dressed and eat at the buffet according to their own timeframe. I've arranged for transportation from the hotel to the port (it will be two of those buses - smaller than a traditional charter bus, but larger than the vans - know what I'm talking about?). Anyway, the transportation company will have the two buses (with trailers for luggage) at the hotel by 10 a.m. We are all supposed to be at the Port by 10:30 for check in. I'm assuming that we'll be on the ship by 11:30 or 12 and will have the ceremony around 12:30ish with the reception immediately following. We're going with the hors d'ouevres with open bar which will leave time for the dancing and toasts and such.

The wedding package includes the bride's bouquet (6 roses) and groom's boutonnier. Rather than using their flowers, we've made our own. We haven't started on the boutonniers or corssages yet - but figured those would be easier than the bouquets.

We are puttin together 'goodie bags' for cruising and non-cruising guests.

Our friends just came over for dinner, so I'll post more later and will add pics of the flowers and some of the 'goodies'.

Happy Planning!

Archived