Anyone on Valor these past couple of sailings? What's Carnival replacing Belize with?

I think I read several days ago in a random post that Carnival might be replacing Belize with Costa Maya. Is this correct? I would like to come up with a back-up plan, in case we don't end up at Belize. We're sailing the Valor at the beginning of March. Hopefully, some cruisers from this past sailing will return and post.

-pitterpattershoppe

You'll probably have to wait until at least tomorrow to find out what might have happened this week. We were on Valor last week and were fortunate we were the Carnival ship picked to keep Belize as a port.

On a side note, we were the first ship there, but I believe at least two others arrived later. Yet, we still had fairly large tenders. I was in Belize once before in 2008 and remember the tender process being very chaotic, but this time seemed much smoother. I was unaware of the tender issue until we got to Belize and our guides were telling us other ships had cancelled and talked about Carnival wanting to reduce the price per person for the tenders. Once I got home and checked out these boards I see how lucky we were to get to Belize. Last time we did not book an excursion (was our first cruise), so this time I researched and did the cavetubing through a private excursion. It was a favorite for the six of us, so glad we did not miss the port. We should find out tomorrow from returning Valor cruisers what happened this week.

Thanks for posting! I appreciate the first-hand information. I was thinking the Valor didn't port last week, so this is good to know.

-pitterpattershoppe :D

You'll probably have to wait until at least tomorrow to find out what might have happened this week. We were on Valor last week and were fortunate we were the Carnival ship picked to keep Belize as a port.

On a side note, we were the first ship there, but I believe at least two others arrived later. Yet, we still had fairly large tenders. I was in Belize once before in 2008 and remember the tender process being very chaotic, but this time seemed much smoother. I was unaware of the tender issue until we got to Belize and our guides were telling us other ships had cancelled and talked about Carnival wanting to reduce the price per person for the tenders. Once I got home and checked out these boards I see how lucky we were to get to Belize. Last time we did not book an excursion (was our first cruise), so this time I researched and did the cavetubing through a private excursion. It was a favorite for the six of us, so glad we did not miss the port. We should find out tomorrow from returning Valor cruisers what happened this week.

We are on Valor sailing March 6 but don't want to book any excursions yet not knowing if we will stop or not-I know with many of the bookings you get your money back if the ship doesn't dock--but the problems there could be great! There are 15 in our group so that is a chunk of money---

Hey! That's our ship too. LOL!!

I too do not want to book a tour, if there's a good chance it will get canceled. It seems as though with this port, everyone wants payment in full beforehand or a good-sized deposit. I'm not sure whether I trust that, in this case.

Right now, we have a back-up plan for Costa Maya. I would like to make other back-ups plans, if there's a possibility we will be porting elsewhere.

-pitterpattershoppe

We are on Valor sailing March 6 but don't want to book any excursions yet not knowing if we will stop or not-I know with many of the bookings you get your money back if the ship doesn't dock--but the problems there could be great! There are 15 in our group so that is a chunk of money---

Hey! That's our ship too. LOL!!

I too do not want to book a tour, if there's a good chance it will get canceled. It seems as though with this port, everyone wants payment in full beforehand or a good-sized deposit. I'm not sure whether I trust that, in this case.

Right now, we have a back-up plan for Costa Maya. I would like to make other back-ups plans, if there's a possibility we will be porting elsewhere.

-pitterpattershoppe

See you there! Guess we are all in the same boat! LOL

I am just off of Valor on Sunday and Belize was replaced by Costa Maya. We did not find out until after the first sea day that we would not be going to Belize which is when the decision was made. I was bummed because I really wanted to do the excursion that we planned for there, But I enjoyed Costa Maya.

Archived