Outraged with Upsell Desk

greenie

The experience you had with your cabin reservation disappearing for no reason happened to us last year too. We had deposits made on five cabins but for some unknown reason' date=' out TA learned that one of the reservations was gone. Fortunately, we were early enough in the booking process that the issue was resolved with no issues. NCL stepped right in and worked with our TA and corrected the problem. Your situation is a bit different, hopefully they can work something out for you. I'm sure Mr. Veitch's involvment will be to your advantage.

By the way, I'm curious to know how quickly you receive a response now that you are working directly with Mr. Veitch? Let us know, if you don't mind.

We sent Mr. Veitch a certified/return receipt letter that was signed for on Monday morning. We are curious to know when we might receive a response from him. We hope the letter actually goes to his desk, since unfortunately we haven't received what would be an appropriate response from his customer service staff. (We had a whole ordeal involving cruise credits associated with a Pride of Aloha sailing last Summer.) With his involvment, I'm sure things will go in favor of the customer as long as the request is legitimate, which obviously yours is.

Good luck![/quote']

I have found Mr. Veitch a very resonable man when faced with a resonable request. He has reponded directly to my emails in a matter of hours. My current problem is just about resolved. I have received two calls a day from NCL. I would think by tomorrow the problem will be resolved.

I was told his evening that everything was resolved. In addition I was informed that the information that no air was available was incorrect and got a great rate on NCL air to the UK. The best I had found was 288 from JFK with a change in Dublin. They will provide nonstop from Newark at 349 including transfers.

I think there is one thing everyone here needs to learn. Don't let problems ruin your cruise. Fix them. The contacts you need to do that are on these boards. Same rule applies onboard. If you sit back and let your vacation be ruined you have not learned a thing here.

I hit a bump in the road but by the time I am done this may be my best adventure yet.

The leadership at NCL wants you to have a great time and they are doing everything they can to make that happen. If one employee puts that at risk do not sit back and let that happen.

Is everything perfect. No. Can you have the time of your life yes. But like Freestyle you have choices and you need to make them.

Most of this was aimed at the general membership. To answer your question. Mr Veitch replied to my email at 7:30 the morning after it was sent and the manager of reservations called me at 3:30 the same day.

Here is the current NCL internal program that everyone is focused on:

S.T.Y.L.E. (Service, Teamwork and Yes Lead to Excellence)

Oh boy Oh boy!

I am not only no longer outraged, I aplogize to NCL. I am sowwy, NCL! You did nuthin' wrong, I misjudged you. I was a bad girl. Forgive me.

*prostrates herself and looks pathetic*

I called my TA again and spoke with a new person. I explained what I wanted and what the last rep had told me. I was kind--I said I thought the other rep must be new because "she really didn't seem to understand what I wanted and now I'm hoping I am talking to someone who really CAN help me."

I could tell right away this one knew what she was doing. She asked the right questions and said "Let me call NCL and we'll see if we can't get this for you." You know, like I was a customer and everything. A good sign, I thought ... She came back on a few minutes later and quoted me the correct price of the difference between what I had and what I wanted. WithOUT port charges and all the other stuff--a little more for the insurance, which I had expected, but that's it. I even got the suite I had decided I wanted--Deck 9. Port side (no web cam recording MY vacation, hee hee).

I am just so excited--this is a surprise for my honey who turns 50 this year--that is special, as is he. He works very hard, has about 90% responsibility for his 3 young boys from a previous marriage, and rarely treats himself to anything really special. I want to treat him to this very special upgrade. It will be hard to not tell him about it, but I want to surprise him once we get onboard. He will be blown away. It may be another 2 years before I can afford to cruise again but so be it! We gonna be rockin' this year!

Besides apologizing to NCL for jumping the gun and blaming them, I would like to thank the many of you who were supportive and gave me such good advice. Thank you! I promise a full report on the OS with pics! :)

Seriously Excited Greenie

:) Shoreguy. Your advice helped me a lot--I decided to just be business-like and firm. It worked!

Now on to more practical matters ... I understand 3 bottles of booze are included with an OS. How do I order them/communicate which 3 I'd like? :D

:) Shoreguy. Your advice helped me a lot--I decided to just be business-like and firm. It worked!

Now on to more practical matters ... I understand 3 bottles of booze are included with an OS. How do I order them/communicate which 3 I'd like? :D

Your Butler will take the order when you board.

So glad everything worked out.

If there is anything That I have learned in the travel business is if you don`t get the answer you want the first time, HANG UP AND CALL AGAIN:eek: No matter with whom you are dealing, cruiselines, airlines, land operators and yes, travel agents.

Dealing with this every day is most frustrating, but I love it anyway:D

So glad everything worked out.

If there is anything That I have learned in the travel business is if you don`t get the answer you want the first time, HANG UP AND CALL AGAIN:eek: No matter with whom you are dealing, cruiselines, airlines, land operators and yes, travel agents.

Dealing with this every day is most frustrating, but I love it anyway:D

That's what makes it fun. If it was just click and go what would we do when we were not traveling. I can turn a simple booking into a grand adventure. I intend to start a new thrread when I complete my current booking. "Adventures in Booking a Cruise" - this story would qualify.

That's what makes it fun. If it was just click and go what would we do when we were not traveling. I can turn a simple booking into a grand adventure. I intend to start a new thrread when I complete my current booking. "Adventures in Booking a Cruise" - this story would qualify.

I don`t know Jim. Sometimes some things are better left unsaid,IMHO;)

It was kind of a part of the whole adventure, wasn't it? I like that!

"So glad everything worked out.

If there is anything That I have learned in the travel business is if you don`t get the answer you want the first time, HANG UP AND CALL AGAIN No matter with whom you are dealing, cruiselines, airlines, land operators and yes, travel agents.

Dealing with this every day is most frustrating, but I love it anyway."

I've never enjoyed making this kind of phone call--good thing I'm not a TA, huh?! Sounds like yer a good one--thanks, Seahorse.

"I'm so happy for you..I'm glad you stuck to your guns! I'm persistent and I fight to the end. Good for you! Glad you had a happy ending.......Congratulations."

Thanks ColoradoBabe. I found the "terrier" in me too, I guess! Hee.

Hurray!!Hurray!!

You will enjoy the Suite life! But beware- you will never settle for anything less. :)

I know ... it'll be a withdrawal! I guess I'll see what kinda stuff I'm made of, eh?:)

Archived