Favorite cruise read?

java girl 65

Last cruise my roomie brought a book called, Casting Off, author last name was Dickson. Not one that might have caught my eye, but she passed it to me and I absolutely loved it. Does have some humor a little romance, it is truly a wonderful book about Ireland. Here is a description, On a tiny island off the west coast of Ireland, the fishermen's handmade sweaters tell a story. Each is unique-feelings stitched into rows, memories into patterns. It is here that Rebecca Moray comes to research a book on Irish knitting. With her daughter, Rowan, accompanying her, she hopes to lose herself in the history of the island and forget her own painful past. Soon, the townsfolk's warm embrace wraps Rebecca and Rowan in a world of friendship, laughter, and love.

OR something totally different and I happen to love....the Sookie Stackhouse, True Blood novels. What a hoot, sexy vampires (not the kid ones from the Twilight Books) with a strong female character that kicks butt. Have fun.

I'm looking for some suggestions for a few books to take on our upcoming cruise. I don't want anything too heavy or serious. I guess a good beach read would be a good description of what I'm interested in. Something light and funny and romantic.

Try Cruise Confidential. It is about what goes on the lower decks, crew, etc. I got mine at Barnes & Noble. Amazon may have better price. I had a gift card for B&N.

I love it!

Luv's Crusin'

I'm looking for some suggestions for a few books to take on our upcoming cruise. I don't want anything too heavy or serious. I guess a good beach read would be a good description of what I'm interested in. Something light and funny and romantic.

Try-- The Note---- by Angela Hunt it was the Hallmark movie of the week so you know how that goes as far as romance :) The book, takes place in Tampa, Fla and the movie, which was filmed in Canada, takes place in North Carolina. I loved the book so much more than the movie.

In short, the book is about a plane that crashes into Tampa Bay. One of the passengers scribbles a quick note to his child. After the crash, the note, which was sealed in a zippie-bag, washes up on the shore and is found by a local resident who then turns it over to the "Love" journalist with the "Tampa Times" The journalist, with great strides and a lot of detective work, trys to link the note to the child in which it belongs. It is a sweet, romantic story that has a beautiful message in it for all of us.

Because ----The Note--- was so popular, Angela Hunt has also written --The Note II--- which takes off where the first book ends.

I really enjoyed reading these books and even if you have seen the movie, the book is so much better and there are some great differences.

Enjoy, Cari :)

Archived