snorkeling from the beach

shash

I don't think there are any options for this in Belize. Belize is unlike the other ports in that it doesn't have a beach. There are tours that take you to places like Caye Caulker but even at that beach, you won't see much. You would really have to go out on a boat. I understand because my husband is the same way.

The best place to snorkel from the beach would be Cozumel. There are beaches with reefs right off of the shore and therefore, you would see fish and other things. Two beaches that I know of to snorkel would be at Chankanaab and Punta Sur, in Cozumel. Without a reef right off of the shore, you wouldn't see anything.

Hi there,

Will be in Belize in March. I enjoy snorkeling but need to do this from a beach -- otherwise I risk a bit of motion sickness -- can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks much:)

Your ship is going to drop anchor 5 miles or so from shore. An extended ride on a small watercraft is your only option to reach dry land.

Thanks much...I guess we will save the snorkeling for Cozumel and do something else in Belize

While I am okay with the tendering I may not be ok with a boat that is anchored near the reef as I would have no place to 'get away from motion' if needed.

Thanks much...I guess we will save the snorkeling for Cozumel and do something else in Belize

While I am okay with the tendering I may not be ok with a boat that is anchored near the reef as I would have no place to 'get away from motion' if needed.

There is always the Goff's Caye option, where you snorkel off a tiny island. Getting there will require a long ride out, but there is a small pier for the boat to use for mooring. I hadn't mentioned it because it will require a long ride similar to or worse than a tender. If you book it through your ship they generally take you directly from the ship to the Caye, skipping the long run into Belize City and back.

Archived