Have any of you meet someone famous.

markarm1

ok let's see:

Sting at the airport

Patrick Duffy, during his Bobby Ewing heyday, sitting in first class chatting with the stewardesses, and I had to walk right next to him to get to Coach.:D

Tony Danza and Lindsay Lohan in Manhattan

Michael Bolton during his heyday would pop up in the audience without a shirt on during his concerts...and security was too afraid to stop the women from touching him...so I got to rub his chest:o

I saw Keith Richard pick up his kids at the school bus when they were little:eek:..I still have nightmares of that

My friend's child was a friend of Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter's daughter....thought I would throw that in

and I know someone who married into the KISS band....big deal

my college daughter ran into the "Little People" family while they were filming in Venice and she knows Bill Nye "the Science Guy"

and as far as cruises are concerned...yep, I have met the most famous of them all.....Mickey Mouse himself.;)

Just after a cruise, we were in the Ft. Lauderdale airport when I noticed the guy infront of us in the security line was flanked by two plainclothes policemen. A closer look and I realized it was Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson. I was standing right behind him and said "Rock?". He turned around and said "Hey", then he went through security. I am sure if my husband wouldn't have been standing next to me he would have said "Where have you been all my life?" and wisked me away to some romantic island where we would live happily ever after. Hey a girl can dream.

Also met Telly Savalis (Kojack) at a bar in LA on our honeymoon.

I have been on three Rick Springfield cruises, so I have met him several times. (Along with John Waite, Richard Marx, Kevin Cronin - the lead singer from REO Speedwagon). Well, we paid to specifically to meet those people and attend the special concerts and cruise events, but one of my big thrills was meeting Michael Buble in the airport in Miami in 2008. He was very gracious and stopped for a picture.

• 4 weeks later...

We were fortunate to be on the maiden voyage of the NCL "Seaward" (later called the "Sea") in the 1980's. Sid Ceaser and Rita Moreno were entertainment headliners for the voyage. While in Cancun we shopped for some liquor, and walked back to the pier to get the tender back to the ship. As I approached a qeue of people waiting in line for the tender I noticed Rita Moreno, her husband and children waiting also. I walked up and started to talk with them, my wife, who was several steps behind me, hurried to us, excited and dropped our sack of liquor at the feet of Rita Moreno, shattering the bottles and splashing booze on her legs. We were terribly embarrassed, but Ms Moreno was very gracious and accepted our sincere apologies.

Sid Ceaser and his accompanist were in the Jazz club lounge one evening, with his accompanist playing piano. We sat near him and spoke with him a few times that evening. He too, was very gracious and hospitable.

For the younger readers, Google them, find out about their career's as a television pioneer and Broadway actress/singer.

Not on a cruise.. but probably the most famous..

Princess Diana, William and Harry in Niagara Falls

Prince Andrew and Fergie in Niagara Falls but at a different time than Diana and the boys.

and several local sports celebrities - because of my job.

We tease my husband "carpenter of the rich and famous'.

Hubby as I am typing this (and he has for several months) been remodeling "Brian Johnson's" home. Lead singer for AC/DC. He signed our kids "Rock Band" guitar. He lives here in Sarasota, Fl. He is sooooo down to earth believe it or not.

Also is building Katherine Harris's home (secretary of elections here in fl...remember the "chads" debockle, and ballots had to be hand counted)??

and about 9 yrs ago got a picture of Judge Judy holding my yougest at an antique show.

Here in Sarasota Fl we have LOTS of famous people hangin out. :D

We met Trace Adkins a number of years ago on a cruise, he and his family were on board for a special country music cruise which unfortunately we didn't know about when we booked it so we were not able to see the private performances, but seeing him shirtless on deck get food for the family was just as nice as seeing him perform! We also spent time talking with his young daughter in the pool, she was cute little chatterbox and we had a ball talking to her.

None on any cruises yet, but:

Airport sightings:

• Former NFLers Aaron Pierce, Jesse Armstead
  • Rev. Al Sharpton
  • Dwayne Johnson (aka "The Rock")
  • NBA Hall of Fame Walt "Clyde" Frazier (in the MIA airport after a cruise)
  • NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith

On the street

• Jerry Springer (while he was a legitimate news anchor)
  • Biff and Paul Schaefer from the Late Show
  • Former Dallas Cowboys Tony Dorsett and Drew Pearson
  • Many more (mostly baseball players from the 80s/90s)

My DH and I were married on the Conquest in 2006. We had priority boarding that day. We were boarded ahead of Tito Jackson. Saw him several times throughout the cruise, but finally met in the hallway. Nice guy.

Archived