Mr Sanchos

lucygoosey

Has anyone been here lately? Do the still have the all inclusive beach break?

We went to Mr. Sanchos two weeks ago. You have the option of paying as you go or doing the all-inclusive. We chose the all-inclusive. It is $50 for unlimited food (except lobster) & drinks or $45 if you book online & pay a $5 deposit. It also includes ocean kayaks & snorkeling equipment. There are lockers available for a $10 deposit. The center section at Mr. Sanchos is reserved for all-inclusives & you get a table with an umbrella & lounge chairs. The service was incredible! We had a wonderful waiter, Roman, that made sure we had everything we could possible want. Very friendly staff!

We sampled MANY of the frozen drinks (the Dirty Monkey was our favorite), beer & a couple of tequila shots. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico right?

We ordered chips & salsa, guacamole (my DH said it was the best he had ever eaten), chicken nachos, chicken fajitas, coconut shrimp & Caribbean fries. All of it was DELICIOUS!

There is so much to do at Mr. Sanchos. There is an infinity pool (kind of small) & they have just built a nice pool with a swim up bar (it was not really finished yet but will be nice). They have swings & hammocks. You can rent ATV's, horseback riding, camel rides, para-sailing, banana boats, jet-skis, get massages (a lady sitting next to us raved about how great it was), get henna tattoos, hair braiding, etc.

We went para-sailing & it was WONDERFUL! My DH & I got to go up together & it was one of the highlights of our trip! We paid $55 each for about 15 minutes after we talked them down from $65. The boat ride out was fun too!

There is an aquatic park at Mr. Sanchos that is an additional $12 each but has great slides & climbing walls & things.

Juli

We went to Mr. Sanchos two weeks ago. You have the option of paying as you go or doing the all-inclusive. We chose the all-inclusive. It is $50 for unlimited food (except lobster) & drinks or $45 if you book online & pay a $5 deposit. It also includes ocean kayaks & snorkeling equipment. There are lockers available for a $10 deposit. The center section at Mr. Sanchos is reserved for all-inclusives & you get a table with an umbrella & lounge chairs. The service was incredible! We had a wonderful waiter, Roman, that made sure we had everything we could possible want. Very friendly staff!

We sampled MANY of the frozen drinks (the Dirty Monkey was our favorite), beer & a couple of tequila shots. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico right?

We ordered chips & salsa, guacamole (my DH said it was the best he had ever eaten), chicken nachos, chicken fajitas, coconut shrimp & Caribbean fries. All of it was DELICIOUS!

Juli

Thanks so much Juli!

I am taking a newly single girlfriend on a cruise in 2 weeks to relax and celebrate her new life. As we've never traveled without our husbands we were a little concerned about taxi's and going to beaches on our own. We were looking into just booking an all inclusive thru Carnival but it seems kind of crazy if a beautiful relaxing day of being served on the beach can be had cheaper on our own!!

From your reply, I'd say it's a very good deal! Did you book in advance or did you just go? I have emailed for information but haven't gotten a reply from them yet and we want to know specifics before we go. Hate to take a taxi out there and it be overflowing with visitors!

I love CC and the posters here. I have yet to be steered wrong on advice I've gotten here. Thank you for posting the answer. It's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Karen

Thanks so much Juli!

I am taking a newly single girlfriend on a cruise in 2 weeks to relax and celebrate her new life. As we've never traveled without our husbands we were a little concerned about taxi's and going to beaches on our own. We were looking into just booking an all inclusive thru Carnival but it seems kind of crazy if a beautiful relaxing day of being served on the beach can be had cheaper on our own!!

From your reply, I'd say it's a very good deal! Did you book in advance or did you just go? I have emailed for information but haven't gotten a reply from them yet and we want to know specifics before we go. Hate to take a taxi out there and it be overflowing with visitors!

I love CC and the posters here. I have yet to be steered wrong on advice I've gotten here. Thank you for posting the answer. It's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Karen

We used to do the ship tours out of fear but after a few times to the island we found that there is nothing really to worry about (or no more than here in the states). Last time we went to Sancho's and had a great time. No need to pre book!!!:)

Thanks so much Juli!

Karen

Don't book through Carnival. This was so easy! My 21 year old (at the time) DD & I went on a cruise two years ago & I was very cautious going without my DH. Catch a cab & it is not far at all! There is more info in my Elation review & some pics.

Check & see how many ships are in port the day you are there. There were 5 the day we were there & Mr. Sanchos was not crowded at all, especially the all-inclusive area. We met people there that go to Mr. Sanchos every time they go to Cozumel.

We did not book in advance because of weather concerns but you save $5 each if you do. We got there around 10 though & were some of the first ones there.

I tried e-mailing Mr. Sanchos with no response but got an immediate reply from the sales manager at olivermunoz@hotmail.com.

Hope you have a great time in Cozumel! We did!

Juli

Thanks, Famercity & Juli!

I did get a reply from Mr. Sanchez' Oliver Munoz much quicker than expected. I think it was a standard reply but between it and you, I think I know what I need to know. It makes sense that the all inclusive area would not be so crowded. I never considered that.

Thanks again! If I can convince my friend; I believe we will visit Mr Sanchez. Sitting on a beach, snapping my fingers (figuratively speaking) and having cold drinks and food delivered to me?? We surely don't get that kind of service at home! :)

Blessings,

Karen

Hi all! Read this with great interest. We will be on Allure in November 6. There will be 7 of us, 4 parents and 3 18 year olds who are looking forward to having a drink in Mexico (with our supervision)

Am I correct in my understanding that the food is ordered off a menu, but that you can order as often as you want? Like start with nachos, wait a while and order lunch? What a great deal!

Also, where can I find a port schedule?

Thanks!

Hi all! Read this with great interest. We will be on Allure in November 6. There will be 7 of us, 4 parents and 3 18 year olds who are looking forward to having a drink in Mexico (with our supervision)

Am I correct in my understanding that the food is ordered off a menu, but that you can order as often as you want? Like start with nachos, wait a while and order lunch? What a great deal!

Also, where can I find a port schedule?

Thanks!

That is one of the things we loved about Mr. Sanchos. You order off the menu verses some of the other all-inclusives have a buffet. The food was amazing & our waiter was always nearby encouraging us to order something. Service was EXCELLENT! Matter of fact we got there early & did not want anything yet & he seemed surprised. He asked if we were sure we didn't want anything.

Juli

Don't book through Carnival. This was so easy! My 21 year old (at the time) DD & I went on a cruise two years ago & I was very cautious going without my DH. Catch a cab & it is not far at all!

Juli

Just talked to my travel friend and she said "no" to anything outside of a Carnival excursion. First time for her to travel without a man and she is scared. Said she'd ease into doing taxi's, etc. Wonder how many times she thinks it will take going to Cozumel before she'll take a taxi. :(

Oh well, it's her "newly single" trip and I told her to book whatever. She needs to be at peace.

She is leaning towards the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe...same thing sorta kinda!;)

I surely was looking forward to a day on the beach of being waited on hand and foot, served awesome drinks & eating fresh food ordered from a menu.

My daughter and her 3 friends booked today; perhaps I go with them to Mr. Sanchos!!

Thanks for the help. I forwarded your comments to her but she isn't being swayed!

Blessings!

Karen

Just talked to my travel friend and she said "no" to anything outside of a Carnival excursion. First time for her to travel without a man and she is scared. Said she'd ease into doing taxi's, etc. Wonder how many times she thinks it will take going to Cozumel before she'll take a taxi. :(

Oh well, it's her "newly single" trip and I told her to book whatever. She needs to be at peace.

She is leaning towards the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe...same thing sorta kinda!;)

I surely was looking forward to a day on the beach of being waited on hand and foot, served awesome drinks & eating fresh food ordered from a menu.

My daughter and her 3 friends booked today; perhaps I go with them to Mr. Sanchos!!

Thanks for the help. I forwarded your comments to her but she isn't being swayed!

Blessings!

Karen

Karen, I am the biggest scaredy-cat chicken in the world (female, age 60) and I would have no problems taking a cab in Coz with another female adult -- might even go by myself if it were necessary. I have never felt unsafe in Coz - been there many times.

DH, DD (age 30) and I went to Mr. Sancho's last Nov. and it was great. After we finished shopping downtown we asked a taxi driver about a beach club and he just happened to have laminated photos of Mr. Sancho's :D. We didn't do the all-inclusive pkg because we stayed only 2 hours or so at the beach. We had chips, salsa, beer and Cokes, all very reasonable and the service was very good.

Your friend will eventually get her land-legs and become a little more adventurous. I've read good reviews for Playa Mia also and I think we went there once several years ago. As I recall, it was nice and we had no complaints.

I hope you both have a wonderful time.

Helen

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe in '09 and oh my goodness, it was so crowded. We couldn't find any chairs or umbrellas to sit on the beach. We had to settle for a table and chairs by the buffet. Beach was super crowded. I think we would have enjoyed ourselves more if it wasn't so crowded. We opted for Nachi Cocom last year and it did not dissapoint. We really enjoyed ourselves. We are trying to decide if we want to do that again this year or Mr. Sanchos.

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe in '09 and oh my goodness, it was so crowded. We couldn't find any chairs or umbrellas to sit on the beach. We had to settle for a table and chairs by the buffet. Beach was super crowded. I think we would have enjoyed ourselves more if it wasn't so crowded. We opted for Nachi Cocom last year and it did not dissapoint. We really enjoyed ourselves. We are trying to decide if we want to do that again this year or Mr. Sanchos.

Yipes. Doesn't give me the warm fuzzies!

If you don't mind; what time of year did you go & time of day? Grasping here in hopes that early morning in Feb is a less crowded time of year!! :rolleyes:

Thanks...

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
After reading about Mr Sanchos I might be swayed from my original Nachi choice. Is it better?

We LOVED it. We paid $90 pp for the Romantic Day at the Beach Package. (Our 6 yr. old was free...) So, we got a cabana/bed, table right at the cabana, loungers in front of the cabana by the beach, ayc eat/ayc drink, and a 30 minute massage.

You can also just do the $45 pp for ayce/aycd. But, the massage was excellent. (We had Elena.)

It was not crowded. We had Franscisco and Ramon as our tag team waiters. The grilled fish is some of the best I have ever had! My son loved the coconut shrimp with an orange-citrus sauce.

They now have 2 freshwater pools, one with a swim-up bar. The pool is open. They are still setting up the bar.

The music keeps things lively. You hear it, but it is in no way overpowering.

We loved it so much that we will be back whenever we are in Cozumel.183841_501861116329_706771329_6734241_207134_n.jpg

Does anyone have pics of the all inclusive area at Mr. Sanchos? Are all the chairs the plastic kind with arms??? My husband is a larger man, and after about 10 mins in those $4.99 plastic chairs, he becomes very uncomfortable. This option sound wonderful, but, not if that is the type of chairs available??

Archived