Anyone stay at the Days Inn, Ft. Lauderdale Airport before?

bankonus

Sorry...should have been more specific. We were looking at that hotel because it had shuttle pick up from the airport BUT we are taking a private shuttle from there in the morning to MIAMI where we actually leave from. It is "very affordable" for the people in our party traveling with us, so we wanted to see what others reviews were for the money charged.

1700 Broward Blvd Ft lauderdale. This is not a nice neighborhood. I am local to the Ft Lauderdale area. My husband is a police officer there (Police station just a couple blocks down the road from there). I would not recommend this area for tourists.

May I suggest the Embassy Suites on 17th St Causeway Ft Lauderdale, the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Airport on Griffin Rd in Dania Beach, The Fairfield Inn and Suites also on Griffin, or the Homewood Suites also on Griffin (the latter two are newly constructed hotels). These hotels are much closer to both the airport and Port Everglades than Broward Blvd is.

A budget hotel in a decent area close to the port is the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port on Federal Hwy (US 1) near 17th St Causeway intersection. 5 minutes from both the airport and Port Everglades! This hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants, Publix supermarket, Total Wine, and Ross Dress for Less.

Sorry...should have been more specific. We were looking at that hotel because it had shuttle pick up from the airport BUT we are taking a private shuttle from there in the morning to MIAMI where we actually leave from. It is "very affordable" for the people in our party traveling with us, so we wanted to see what others reviews were for the money charged.

Just realized your cruise leaves from Miami NOT Port Everglades...sorry:o, but I would not stay in any hotel on Broward Blvd. It's just not a tourist area--you would not be able to walk anywhere, especially at night. Best of luck to you.

Do not stay at this hotel. There is a thread going now on the Florida departure boards about this very same hotel, and I posted there also. The surrounding neighborhood is bad (you cannot walk to anywhere). The hotel itself is bad (known for blatant prostitution). And, finally, since you are leaving from Miami, this hotel is north of Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport, but Miami is south of Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Why not stay at a hotel closer to FLL or in between FLL and POM?

Located at 1700 Broward Blvd? If so, were there any food locations close enough to eat at? Thinking of booking this for our June cruise and would like some opinions of the hotel and area as well. Thanks

DON'T STAY THERE !...

We stayed there once, and it's "unsavory"...

Since our stay there we have always stayed at The Ramada Airport Inn on State Rd.

Not as nice as the places on 17th st. But pretty decent for an overnight.

Our next Cruise out of FLL, I will not hesitate to book this Hotel again for a 4th time.

DON'T STAY THERE !...

We stayed there once, and it's "unsavory"...

Since our stay there we have always stayed at The Ramada Airport Inn on State Rd.

Not as nice as the places on 17th st. But pretty decent for an overnight.

Our next Cruise out of FLL, I will not hesitate to book this Hotel again for a 4th time.

Even the Ramada on State Rd 84 doesn't get great reviews on CruiseCritic. In fact it gets marginal reviews. But, I can say that (though I've never been inside the Ramada) the area is much, much safer than Broward Blvd. But, if you stay at the Ramada, there is still no place to walk to (because of distances to shops and restaurants and because part of State Rd 84 is like a "highway"). Some restaurants that are relatively close to the Ramada (a short cab ride away) are: The Rustic Inn Crab House, Islamorada Fish Company, and Anthony's Runway 84 Italian Restaurant. There is also on State Rd 84 a Winn-Dixie supermarket (with a liquor store next door) that is a short cab ride away.

Thank you all for your replies...UNFORTUNATELY...I already booked and paid (non-refundable) for this hotel. UGH! I saw all these replies too late. I guess we will stay in the hotel since we arrive after dinner time, order some pizza, and call it a night. Thank goodness there are seven of us. SAS ride service is picking us up at 10am the next morning and we are out of there! Hopefully business will be slow with the prostitutes that night.:eek:

EEK!! I too booked that hotel for the end of this month, it is also non-refundable. It is just me and mom, I am kinda scared now. Well I guess if we survive I will post my opinon of the hotel. We get in late and don't plan on walking around anywhere, then hopefully get up and off to the ship. But seriously, if you have some real safety concerns that I should know about, I guess I will eat the cost and find somewhere else. Please keep posting!!!!!

EEK!! I too booked that hotel for the end of this month, it is also non-refundable. It is just me and mom, I am kinda scared now. Well I guess if we survive I will post my opinon of the hotel. We get in late and don't plan on walking around anywhere, then hopefully get up and off to the ship. But seriously, if you have some real safety concerns that I should know about, I guess I will eat the cost and find somewhere else. Please keep posting!!!!!

I would really appreciate you letting me know how it goes for you. I have read mixed reviews about this place. I guess it all depends on what your preferences are. The people we are traveling with do not have alot of money so this was the reason for this choice. I knew going in that it had no food areas within walking distance. To tell you the truth we will probably eat at the airport before calling the shuttle service or order something to be delivered. We will stay in for the night and leave by 10am in the morning. I guess as long as we don't expect much, we won't be disappointed.:rolleyes:

Oops I am so sorry, I thought that I was staying at the same hotel as you until I got home from work and checked my reservations. I am staying at the Days Inn, but the Oakland Airport North, Not Broward. I hope all goes well with your group. You really got me thinking, so I am going to post for some info on my hotel too.

A budget hotel in a decent area close to the port is the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port on Federal Hwy (US 1) near 17th St Causeway intersection. 5 minutes from both the airport and Port Everglades! This hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants, Publix supermarket, Total Wine, and Ross Dress for Less.

I vote for Comfort Suites....nice place, they have a shuttle that will even take you in a radius of a few miles

Nice places to eat on 17th Causeway....

15th St Fisheries where they have "tarpon feeding"

Waxy O'Conners...a nice Irish pub on the water, homestyle food that is surely different from what you get on board the ship

I don't like the Broward Blvd area of Days Inn at all and would not feel very safe there. IF you stay there I honestly suggest order in a pizza JMO

Archived