Sheraton Biscayne Bay .. or hotels with car rental return

helicopter

We were going to stay at this hotel in early June (easy to return rental car there), but I've been reading that it is going to be torn down late June. While I know this is after our stay, I was just wondering if anyone knows of other hotels that have rental car return at the hotel? Thinking service and upkeep may be lacking since it is closing.

We are staying at this hotel may 13, pre-cruise. I got the hotel through priceline for $55. (so with taxes it was almost $70). They charge a parking fee of $23.00. What rental company can you return cars there from? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale on friday, and renting a car from Alamo. I can return the car to the airport location, and they have a free shuttle to the port. But, if I can return the car at this hotel (since I booked on priceline, I will be staying. Didn't find out it was being demolished until after I had booked), It would be much easier.

I have had mixed reviews about this hotel, as checking further down this list at the heading about "Sheraton Biscayne Hotel". If I could re-do it, I probably would stay at the Holiday Inn (which they just changed the name to Winsor Hotel, I read in a previous post). It is directly across the street from the Bayside Marketplace, and we have stayed there twice, the cost is about $100. for the night.

Thanks for your help about the rental agency at the Sheraton Biscayne.

Deb, we are renting from Budget. We are flying into FLL on the 1st of June and staying in the Keys for 3 nights, then going into downtown to stay for the night before the cruise. The rental office in the hotel is open on Sunday, so we are returning the car on Sunday morning or otherwise we would not have it to sight see into late afternoon on Saturday, since the office closes about 5:00pm. I am still hesitating booking (although I like staying where the rental place is). The other hotel I was looking at was the one you mentioned above, Holiday Inn. If you can please give some advise. This is our first time in Miami, although we have been to the Key West before.:confused:

If you are concerned about staying at the Sheraton, The Holiday Inn is $91.58 plus taxes for Sat. June 4, (price may go up soon, so I would book asap) and they charge for parking (last time we stayed it was $10., but could be higher now). This hotel is directly across from the Bayside marketplace (http://www.baysidemarketplace.com for information) and they have shopping, restaurants, (Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, Bubba Gumps), music, and even short cruises of the intercoastal waterway. You might check into the hotel, to get rid of your luggage, and you could return the car to budget, and probably walk back to the holiday inn, about 7 or 8 blocks. Or take a cab. A cab from the Holiday Inn to the Port will run about $7 to $8 in the morning. I would arrive at the port about 11:00AM to be one of the first to board the ship.

The Sheraton Biscayne charges $23. for parking. I had gotten this hotel on priceline for $55. plus taxes totaling $70, (bid downtown location) plus if we pay parking of $23. we are up to $93. I have a car from Alamo, and can return to the airport location sat. morning, and take the shuttle over to the port for free. Or, I can change my reservation over to Budget, and return the car at the Sheraton, and just take a cab in the morning to the port for about $10. Decisions, decisions . . . . .

My brother in law & wife are arriving at Miami airport about 4:00PM friday, so we also have them to consider, if we want the car for friday night to drive around, and pay for the $23. parking, and just return to the Sheraton in the morning, and take a cab, probably less hassle!

If any other questions, let me know. We have stayed in Miami twice pre-cruise, both at the Holiday Inn, with no complaints. Tried Priceline to save some $$$ this time. Don't know now if it was worth it or not.

Thanks so much for the information. I like the convenience of being across the street from Bayside since that's where we were planning to eat Saturday night. I just need to decide when to turn the car in (if I'm going to turn it in Sunday morning, I guess it makes sense to stay at the Sheraton. What did you bid for * wise on priceline to get the Sheraton. We are going on the Valor 6/5/2005. I agree with you, all the litle extras make a difference when it comes to adding up the $$$.

I bid 3* downtown location at $55., which was almost $70 with taxes. My concern about the Sheraton is the drawbridge across the river to get over to the bayside marketplace, and the $23. parking fee. I think what we will be doing is returning the car friday afternoon, and walking across the bridge to the people mover and taking it over to bayside marketplace, to avoid the $23. parking charge, and just taking a cab over to the port in the morning.

We are going on the Navigator of the Seas, Western Caribbean. We saw the Valor in Nassau in Feb, is a beautiful ship. We almost took the Valor but I love the Voyager class RC ships. Have a great cruise, I'm sure you will.

Deb. thanks so much for all of your information. What I ended up doing is booking the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for the Saturday night stay. Mark and I will get up early on Sunday morning and take the car over to the Sheraton, then head back to the hotel. I agree with you, I also love the RCL ships. My grandsons other grandparents cruise with us each year and she really wanted to try the Valor so that was fine with us. I can't have a bad cruise.:D Thanks again for all your info and have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Archived