Which car rental company in Grand Cayman

gpcruiser

CICO/AVIS Courtesy Pickup is located at the Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet.

This is only one I've found with pick up at the terminal where the tenders let you off. We are looking at going to Rum Point also, but so far the port shows only one ship in port that day (Conquest). In that case Sea Grape beach or other will not be crowded so we might go there. Nancy

We just did this about two weeks ago (actually we were on the Liberty too). We rented a sedan from Cayman Auto Rental and drove all the way up to Rum Point. It was a really nice drive, you get to see a lot of the island and you also pass the Botanical Park. The drive to Rum Point takes 45 min to an hour. The snorkeling there is great - right off the beach, we saw a huge eagle ray. Also saw smaller rays, a barracuda (up REALLY close), giant lobsters, and tons of fish and different kinds of coral.

The food and drinks were alright - Things are priced in Cayman dollars, FYI.

All in all a great day. The driving was not bad on the left side, there are a lot of roundabouts though.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know! Hope you have as much fun as we did. I attached a pic of the barracuda. :D

1955885897_barracuda(cayman).jpg.ecbcc978f43b81332fc96492f4676015.jpg

I second Cayman Auto Rentals. 5-10 minute walk from the tender pier. Get off the tender and go left up the street.

This is who we booked a Jeep with for our excursion on 2/14 on the Inspiration. I think they were only $10 more than Avis, but totally worth it not to have to get a taxi to the airport to pick up from Avis. We are planning to do a self drive around the island too.

• 4 months later...

@sentner.. I will be traveling on the Inspiration as well at the end of August and will mostly likely be booking a Jeep through the same company. How quick were you able to get to and from the ship to the rental? I know we are not in port long, so I would like to get as much time as possible. Did you have a map or anything?

P.S. how was the cruise? Will be first time cruising on carnival! :)

Archived