Harrison Cave AND Thriller Ocean Tour?

I&MsMom

We will be on the Destiny, arriving 7 am, departing 10 pm.

Is this a viable plan (with 2 kids: 6 and 2)?

Harrison Cave. Leave ship around 8:30. Take tour. Back at ship between 10:30 & 11.

Order room service sandwiches. Eat early lunch.

Leave ship for Thriller Ocean Tours at 11:45. Arrive at boats by 12:15. Snorkel tour is 3.5 hours, so from 12:30 to 4 pm. Back to ship for dinner.

Harrison Cave is, I think, about a 20-30 minute drive from the ship. The first tour is at 9 am. Can we can make reservations for a specific time? I think the tour is 45-60 minutes. Another half hour or so back to the ship.

I'll need to give the kids lunch, as it's only chips on the boat. How much time does it take to get from the ship to the dock by Thriller Ocean tours? Would it be smarter to skip going back to the ship? Is there someplace quick and casual we could grab something to eat around where the Thriller Ocean boats are docked?

Am I trying to accomplish too much in one day? I'm having a hard time deciding between the Cave (unique) and the snorkeling...we're booked for the Jolly Pirates in Aruba two days after we're in Barbados. I think it would be great to swim with the turtles, though.

Any advice/thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

I coppied this from anothe post mbey it can help I actualy own this company but you can research it on the boards.

This particular tour includes harrisons caves, swim with turtles, shipwreck snorkle, visiting the monkies, glass bottom boat ride and a bunch of other things. total cost is 85.00 pp and includes admissions to all these things PLUS LUNCH. sounds like a great deal considering celebrity charges 40 to 50 bucks to do ONE of these events on an Barbados excursion.

click this link to visit their web site and be sure to have the volume turned up on your pc so you can enjoy the island music as you browse the site!!!

http://www.glorytours.org

the company has been highly recommended by many posters on CC. join us!!!

Shopping for my next cruise!!!

Constellation 1/15/05

Sarah:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your feedback.

I'll be honest with you: my concern is that my kids need some "down time". I don't want to have them in an all day tour (I posted a similar concern on the Dominica board.) Even though each individual thing, standing alone, would be great for them, taken all together, I'm afraid they'll burn out. I'm most concerned about the 2 year old. While my primary concern is for my kids, I'm also mindful of the others in the tour: NO ONE wants to listen to fretful children, especially not on vacation! (That includes tour operators, mom and dad, siblings and, not the least of which, fellow travelers!!)

That's why I was hoping we could accomplish our two main goals (the caves and a short snorkeling trip) with a break in between. But maybe that's not realistic...

I actually have read many fine things about your company. I'm looking forward to enjoying Barbados with you when my children are older. We're definitely leavng some great things undone, which we will look forward to when we return!!

Thanks again.

Ooops...

As I just explained to Sarah on the Aruba board, it's become clear to me I misunderstood her post...I somehow thought she was the owner of Glory Tours....Apologies (again) to her, and also to you all...

Hi I&Ms Mom

Sounds like a good plan you have there.Go to Harrisons Cave with the Kids first by taxi. Then let the taxi take you to the Waterfront Cafe in Bridgetown where they are many places you can pick up something to eat very easily. You will be right there where Stephen has his boats. I wouldn't go back to the ship too much moving around for your kids & taxi fares. Don't miss the turtle & shipwreck swim & Snorkel with Thriller Ocean Tours I'm sure you & your kids will really enjoy.

We did it a few months back & it definatly isn't something us folks get to do very often. There were lots of fish on these wrecks & the turtles came right up to you, even our kids got to touch them.

Hope this is of help to you.

Enjoy your Cruise.

There were lots of fish on these wrecks & the turtles came right up to you, even our kids got to touch them.

Sounds like great fun. This is the part of our tour that we had really been looking forward to and were quite disappointed that it did not work out for us (see my previous post right before this one).

Archived