Charleston port question

JStarbrite

Check the ports of call boards...you'll find other hotels there as well.

I stayed at the Best Western Downtown. You can leave your car there and they offer a shuttle to the port, they do not offer a shuttle back. There are taxis lined up that will take you back after the cruise. We paid $5pp. As long as you stay within the downtown limits, the taxi is only $5pp and that hotel is w/in the limits. The hotel includes breakfast as well. It was $129 for the night.

Are there any Charleston hotels that offer shuttle service to the port? Paying fifteen dollars a day just for parking is against my principles.

Holiday Inn Riverview. Though they do not shuttle there you can park for free....Did it in September for my CC group cruise....;)

Depending on the hotel you may not need a shuttle and could walk there but that depends on the person.

I know my parents got a hotel there to park their car for the week, I was lucky to have college buddies live there and just parked at their place for the week.

Riverview had no shuttle this past October we had to pay $20 but they let us park for free.

I think I did mention that they had no shuttle to the port if you reread what I said....They do though have a shuutle that takes you to downtown and other places if you would like to do something the day before the cruise....

Holiday Inn Riverview. Though they do not shuttle there you can park for free....Did it in September for my CC group cruise....;)

So how would you rate the hotel on a scale of 1-10.

Did it have a Tiki Hut? Entertainment ?

Pool area etc.

I found a Rodeway Inn that has everything I need but wondering if anyone has stayed there?

If it is the one that is in Mt. Pleasant, its a decent choice. It is pretty much an old-school, exterior entry, hotel and it is very clean. Nice folks there too. We had family stay there not too long ago. Mt. Pleasant is a very safe area so IMHO a great choice. I work in Mt. Pleasant and was born and raised in Charleston so if anyone has any questions I will be glad to offer my two cents.:)

So how would you rate the hotel on a scale of 1-10.

Did it have a Tiki Hut? Entertainment ?

Pool area etc.

Kind of hard to tell, as the hotel has been undergoing a full, floor by floor remodel for the past 5-6 months....

There is a nice rooftop circular restaurant with great views of the city.

It is a straight shot through town on Calhoun St. right to the pier. (5minutes to cross from one side of the pennisula/city, to the other.)

Bill

there is a company ,I dont think I can mention the name, that has discounts on places to park fly and sleep,that we have used that sometimes include shuttle service as well as up to 14 days free parking.

Why not? There are no secrets here.

Archived