What is best Excursion in Ohio Rios?

Crusingmomma

Loved Dunn River Falls, my second all time favorite excursion. Although we seperated from the group and climbed up the harder areas by ourselves. The rest of the group were holding hands and helping each other as one big train. I think I would have been bored had I done the climb with the group. My hubby is afraid of heights and was worried about getting hurt so he ended up going back in line with the group.

Another vote for Dunns River Falls here! We did this a few years ago with the kids and had a blast - it is fun to climb and has beautiful scenery.

We also did the River tubing, which was fun for a more laid back excursion. Although, at one point of the excursion, you can get out of the water and jump off of an outcropping into the water - we all thought we would do it and then all chickened out at the last minute!:p

We hired Mark Morris for the day and he was fantastic! He took care of us all day and made sure that we not only were safe, but that we FELT safe too! He will go on any excursion you want him to or he can just be your driver.

This port is our family's favourite port to this day and we can't wait to make it back to Mark and his beautiful country some day soon!

My kids and I went to Mystic Mountain a few years ago and had a blast. It was their favorite stop.

The ride up the mountain is on a ski lift. You stand on your mark and the chair slides in behind you. The attendant lowers the bar and you're off. The ride is smooth and the view is great, but it can be a bit scary if you're nervous about heights.

At the top is the start of the bobsled run and some background about the Jamacian Bobsled team, the begining of the ziplines, a gift shop and restaurant and the infinity pool with a corkscrew slide. There are changing rooms if you want to change into or out of your swimsuit. The bobsled is a single car "rollercoaster" that has banks like a real bobsled. It lets you off about halfway down the mountain.

For ziplining, you get fitted into a harness and helmet and have two guides - one for the beginning and one for the end. The two that we had were great - very entertaining but still professional. Each cable is double, with a connection to each one, so in the unlikely event that one brakes, you have a backup. There were 5 zips, plus a "surprise". I didn't really want to go, but the kids wanted to, so I went. The first zip was a little scary, but I was relaxed and having fun before the end of the first cable. It ended way too soon. We will definitely be looking for more opportunuities to zip line on future trips.

There is a website for Mystic Mountain; you should be able to find it with a quick search. It's part of a group of places on various islands. I booked though the cruiseline, because it was only a few dollars more, but included transportation. An air conditioned van picks you up right outside the dock and drops you at the foot of the mountain. They run on a continuous schedule, so we left when we were ready and only waited about 15 minutes for the next shuttle. (You probably won't get the same driver, so don't forget to tip at the end of each ride if the driver's any good.):D

Another vote for Dunns River Falls here! We did this a few years ago with the kids and had a blast - it is fun to climb and has beautiful scenery.

We also did the River tubing, which was fun for a more laid back excursion. Although, at one point of the excursion, you can get out of the water and jump off of an outcropping into the water - we all thought we would do it and then all chickened out at the last minute!:p

We hired Mark Morris for the day and he was fantastic! He took care of us all day and made sure that we not only were safe, but that we FELT safe too! He will go on any excursion you want him to or he can just be your driver.

This port is our family's favourite port to this day and we can't wait to make it back to Mark and his beautiful country some day soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just used Mark Morris for a private tour for the four of us. He is one fantastic guy! Went to DRF, toured the island, had lunch at Scotchie's with jerk pork and chicken, hit Mahagony Beach for a while, did a little shopping, and then back to the ship. With a private tour, he will tailor your needs to do whatever you want. $120 for four people not including entrance fee to DRF. You won't be disappointed.

Carnival Freedom 1-23-11

Monarch of the Seas 1-10

Carnival Triumph 5-09

Carnival Glory 1-09

Navigator of the Seas 2-28-04

Norwegian Sea 2003

Carnival Jubilee 2002

Carnival Destiny 2001

Carnival Imagination 2000

Carnival Fascination 1998

We try to pick the top tour in each port. We did Dunn's River Falls and tubing on White River. We had a great time and felt like we accomplished something after the falls. I don't know that we would do it again since there are other things to do and see but definetly worth it.

Karen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just used Mark Morris for a private tour for the four of us. He is one fantastic guy! Went to DRF, toured the island, had lunch at Scotchie's with jerk pork and chicken, hit Mahagony Beach for a while, did a little shopping, and then back to the ship. With a private tour, he will tailor your needs to do whatever you want. $120 for four people not including entrance fee to DRF. You won't be disappointed.

Carnival Freedom 1-23-11

Monarch of the Seas 1-10

Carnival Triumph 5-09

Carnival Glory 1-09

Navigator of the Seas 2-28-04

Norwegian Sea 2003

Carnival Jubilee 2002

Carnival Destiny 2001

Carnival Imagination 2000

Carnival Fascination 1998

We used MM also. Had a great time! I vote DRF.

Archived