Disney Dream - Just off 1/30 Sailing

bsg1003

Would you have an idea of how many folks were onboard... I was on the same boat and amazed at how many places we could find without a lot of people... I had heard the ship was pretty full but a worker at the port said it wasn't.

We were on the 6:00 pm dining rotation starting in Royal, Animators, Enchanted, Enchanted.

We had back to back nights in Enchanted and the kids loved it. The 3rd night menu is the same throughout the ship (Pirate Menu).

The Pirate night started on deck around 10ish with some deck games for the kids and the big show started around 10:15-10:30ish.

There was an impressive fireworks show and dance party. The dance party was geared to older kids/adults as there weren't characters up on deck during the party (there was a certain pirate present from the Pirate movies :) )

This is a good question. On the Personal Navigator, it shows Cruise Casual for all 4 nights. But I see people dressing up every evening so we were also confused. We dressed more formal on the evening when we dined at Royal Palace. But I did see guys wearing shorts and flip flop there as well and everyone's just having a good time so I think you do whatever you feel comfortable.

will be on next week for valentines day, and having our wedding at castaway cay on the 15, not real comfy dressed up but did find a really nice jacket for this trip. was there hangers in the room ? we are also in cat 4a room 10598. was hoping pirate night would be castawat cay night.

Just got off the 1/30 four day sailing. Went on the cruise with 2 kids (8 and 4) and would be happy to answer questions:

Hi we are going May 5th on the Dream. I was wondering if you were allowed to bring bottled water, prepackaged snacks, and alcohol onboard? If so what are the limits?

What shore excursions, if any did you do? I want to show my kids Atlantis (they will be 8 & 11) but the AquaAdventure is so expensive.

Were the pools crowded? Were the lines for the slides long?

Thanks!

Just got off the 1/30 four day sailing. Went on the cruise with 2 kids (8 and 4) and would be happy to answer questions:

Thank you for taking questions!

What was debarkation like? I'm booked on the March 27 cruise and still need to make airline reservations. I'm leaning towards one leaving just after 12, but wanted to make sure this left enough time to get back to the Orlando airport.

I saw that your repeat restaurant was on pirate night. Is that the case for most people? We want to plan Palo but also want to make sure we get to all of the restaurants. From our previous cruise on the Wonder, it seems that Pirate night was always a repeat restaurant night. Any insight would be appreciated!

I saw that your repeat restaurant was on pirate night. Is that the case for most people? We want to plan Palo but also want to make sure we get to all of the restaurants. From our previous cruise on the Wonder, it seems that Pirate night was always a repeat restaurant night. Any insight would be appreciated!

In our case, we were at Enchanted Garden on the 1st night, Royal Palace on the 2nd night, and then Animator's Palate on the 3rd and 4th nights.

What was debarkation like? I'm booked on the March 27 cruise and still need to make airline reservations. I'm leaning towards one leaving just after 12, but wanted to make sure this left enough time to get back to the Orlando airport.

The debarkation wasn't terrible. We were off the ship by 8am. The confusing part is the new US customs set-up in the baggage claim. They had a long line snaking thru the baggage claim terminal. It only took about 15-20 mins. We had an easy time locating our bags and we were in our rental car (left at pier garage) by 8:30. You should have no problem with a 12pm flight out of MCO. The car/bus ride to the airport is approx. 45 mins.

I never officially inquired about this but all I talked to seemed to have the Pirate (3rd night) and 4th night repeat. The menu is the same throughout the ship on pirate night.

Hi we are going May 5th on the Dream. I was wondering if you were allowed to bring bottled water, prepackaged snacks, and alcohol onboard? If so what are the limits?

What shore excursions, if any did you do? I want to show my kids Atlantis (they will be 8 & 11) but the AquaAdventure is so expensive.

Thanks!

We had a few bottles of water and wine in our carry ons and they were xrayed and allowed onboard. If you attempt to bring wine to the dining room you will be charged a corkage fee. I did talk to a gentleman who said he had trouble on the maiden voyage (back to back cruiser) bringing hard liquor on board. For the second week, he went to supermarket and put it in a thermos/water bottle and no one asked a question. As for snacks, there was no issue with that at all.

Atlantis is something all kids should see. Here is the issue. Check the cruise calendars for when you are scheduled to go to Nassau. The day we were there, we were 1 of 4 ships in port. This means a lot of people were heading to Atlantis. The price is expensive. I know people that book the comfort suites for the day (e.g. $200-$250/day) and are provided same bracelet priviledges as Atlantis guests.

As for other excursions, we didn't partake. The majority of the ship got off in Nassau. We stayed on and enjoyed the pool, slide, mini golf and aqua duck. We were going to go parasailing on private island but got "knee deep" in a sand castle......

will be on next week for valentines day, and having our wedding at castaway cay on the 15, not real comfy dressed up but did find a really nice jacket for this trip. was there hangers in the room ? we are also in cat 4a room 10598. was hoping pirate night would be castawat cay night.

Plenty of hangars onboard - both straight hangars and clipped hangars. On our itinerary, Castaway Cay and Pirate Night was same day....

Congrats on wedding - :)

Thanks!

I have been on 3 Disney Cruises and here is my opinion.

Bottled Water - If you are concerned about the water (don't be) or have a medical need for it, you can bring as much as you want on board. Remember all food except Alcohol beverages are free.

Prepackaged Snacks - Again food is free. My wife has diabetes so I understand about bringing prepackaged food on board, bring as much as you like. There is a luggage limit so please keep this in mind.

Alcohol - Buying drinks on board are not cheap... But buying Duty Free Liquor once your on board is available and much cheaper.

Hope this helps...

I may have missed the answer regarding show times...

Were passengers "held" to assigned show times, or, could you have gone to any of the shows?

Also, I saw that the "Pirates" festivities for kids starts at 8 p.m. 2nd dinner would be starting then, right? Does this make sense?? :confused: Maybe I just misunderstand!

Thanks for the explanations!:)

Archived