I know this has been asked a thousand times but....

Soxfan04

I think that would be cutting too close for comfort. If the ship doesn't dock until 8 and then it has to clear customs etc. Then the passengers start gettng off. The last time we debarked in Miami the wait going through immigration was 45 minutes. Even if you carry off your own luggage I don't think you have enough time to get through immigration, collect your luggage get out and catch a cab(won't be an issue) get to the airport and get through security and to the plane.

MIA- i would not book something before 11:30

stuff happens. You just had an awesome vacation- why ruin it with the stress of catching that flight.

Look for fares out of FLL too. One cruise we saved over 700. flying in and out of there for a cruise in MIami

One thing goes wrong and you miss your flight. On Jan 24 Miami had a funeral for two police officers that caused major traffic delays and I bet many people missed flights that morning. The funeral was 4 or 5 days after their deaths so no way for people out at sea to know this was going to happen.

You can book whichever flight you want :p sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you won't. What I always remind folks of is that if you miss a morning flight from MIA/FLL, good luck getting standby on the later ones! They tend to be sold out, and for good reason. We booked an early flight once because of connections, and it really was a stressor for the end of our cruise. Check around noon, or look at FLL as a previous poster said. Don't make the first thing you do after your cruise be STRESS! ;)

Archived