Fellow Glasses wearers I need your advice

stevedam

I'm taking a Western Caribbean cruise next month. I have booked several water excursions ie. snorkel, swim with dolphins. The Question I have is:

How did you do snorkeling with glasses?? Should I change into contacts instead?

Any advice?????

Thanks Steve

If you have contacts, I'd use them. I wear glasses and also have contacts that I wear occassionally. I don't like wearing my contacts all the time, so I use them as a backup for situations such as this. I did the swim with dolphins in Cozumel and wore my contacts that day. Didn't have any problems!

Have fun!

Stacy

It's nearly impossible to get a good fit with the snorkel mask while wearing glasses. You can wear contacts, go without either glasses or contacts or order specially made lenses in a snorkel mask.

I agree if you have contacts wear them, if not what kind of rx is on your glasses? Do you wear bi-focals? There are stick-ons that you can get if you have bi-focals.Call you local Dr. and ask.

We carry them @ our dive shop. They go right in the bottom of the mask and are re-usable.:o

DW is blind as a bat without her glasses and will not wear contacts so we took her backup pair of glasses removed the bows and jammed them into the snorkle mask. She said it wasn't perfect but that it did work and she could see everything she wanted to.

Stevedam,

My wife and I purchased prescription masks on line from Snorkel Mart. They were about $50 each. They worked very well and we are glad we bought them.;) We both wear bifocals but only got the correction for distance.

Being legally blind without my glasses or contacts, I have resorted to an old pair of contact lenses when snorkeling or doing anything water related. I take them out afterwards and put my good ones back in.

I'm terrified of lasic surgery, so that will have to wait a while.

Archived