Staybridge Suites Review

shenaniganzz

We just returned from our 10 day Norwegian cruise. We were 3 families, 8 people arriving by Amtrak so no parking needed.

First let me say that trying to get a taxi from Penn Station to ANYWHERE when you are a large group with luggage was not easy! I highly recommend arranging transportation in advance.

We chose to stay at Staybridge Suites as it was reasonably close to the pier and in walking distance to Times Square. We'd booked one night at each end of the cruise.

The rooms were more than adequate for what we needed for a one night stay. They are small, but I think that is par for the course in NYC.

The hotel is clean and relatively new or rather updated. NO BED BUGS! ;) We checked all 3 rooms for both stays (so 6 different rooms total) and not a sign of them and no bites!

The bellmen and concierge staff are fantastic. Very helpful and friendly. They will likely recommend Capizzi for pizza - go! The food was awesome. Best sangria too! ;) Front desk staff, not so great overall, BUT they did give us early check-in for 2 of our 3 rooms on debarkation day.

The hotel has a contract with a car service who gave us fair rates to take us to the port and we also arranged to do some sight seeing with them at $50/hr. Ask for Pierre if you can. Contact the hotel in advance and ask them to put you in touch with him to arrange transportation if you are not driving in!

They do have a free breakfast which IMO left alot to be desired. They had a reception party 3 days a week with free drinks and apps and while we didn't try it, it looked pretty decent.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

We just returned from our 10 day Norwegian cruise. We were 3 families, 8 people arriving by Amtrak so no parking needed.

First let me say that trying to get a taxi from Penn Station to ANYWHERE when you are a large group with luggage was not easy! I highly recommend arranging transportation in advance.

We chose to stay at Staybridge Suites as it was reasonably close to the pier and in walking distance to Times Square. We'd booked one night at each end of the cruise.

The rooms were more than adequate for what we needed for a one night stay. They are small, but I think that is par for the course in NYC.

The hotel is clean and relatively new or rather updated. NO BED BUGS! ;) We checked all 3 rooms for both stays (so 6 different rooms total) and not a sign of them and no bites!

The bellmen and concierge staff are fantastic. Very helpful and friendly. They will likely recommend Capizzi for pizza - go! The food was awesome. Best sangria too! ;) Front desk staff, not so great overall, BUT they did give us early check-in for 2 of our 3 rooms on debarkation day.

The hotel has a contract with a car service who gave us fair rates to take us to the port and we also arranged to do some sight seeing with them at $50/hr. Ask for Pierre if you can. Contact the hotel in advance and ask them to put you in touch with him to arrange transportation if you are not driving in!

They do have a free breakfast which IMO left alot to be desired. They had a reception party 3 days a week with free drinks and apps and while we didn't try it, it looked pretty decent.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

Thank you for the review of this hotel. We are staying in this hotel next Sept for two nights. What a relief that I made the right decision!!!

Archived