What to do?

anjanetted

Hey, I would love some suggestions. My family of 5 will be cruising on the Victory leaving San Juan on June 12th. We have never been on a cruise before or to these ports. I am hoping to make the best decisions for my family. I would love some suggestions from others who have been to St. Kitts before. If you only had one or two things to do on the island, what would you choose??? We are a pretty active family.

In st Kitts, my family of 6 incluing my 4 daughters 9,12,17 and 20 Did the ziplining through the rain forest which we booked through the cruise ship. This was amazing!! There is nothing physical to it. They drive you up in a jeep and you dont even have to stop your own zip They have special springs at the end that stop you. I am very afraid of heights so I was sceptical at first but so glad we did it. Our tour wasnt until later in the day so in the morning we walked out and there were several taxi drivers willing to do tours. SO we just had them drive us around and show us a bit of st kitts. SO glad we did. he took us to a beautiful lookout point where you can see mountains with the ocean on one side and the carribean sea on the other. The most breathtaking thing I have ever seen. If i can figure out how to upload a picture on here I will do so later.

What other ports are you going to??

Shelly

Hey, I would love some suggestions. My family of 5 will be cruising on the Victory leaving San Juan on June 12th. We have never been on a cruise before or to these ports. I am hoping to make the best decisions for my family. I would love some suggestions from others who have been to St. Kitts before. If you only had one or two things to do on the island, what would you choose??? We are a pretty active family.

What I would choose to do may not be to your taste. I would do a tour that included:

1. Brimstone Hill (World Heritage site/restored fortress on a hill top). Fabulous views and an interesting fortress

2. Caribelle Batik and Romney Manor (ruins and beautiful gardens)

3. Timothy Hill - best view on the island

4. Maybe Black rocks - Interesting rock formations

5. Beach

OR

If you want to be REALLY active (and it is challenging) - arrange a hike up Mt. Liumuga (sp?) (the big volcano on the island)

Shelly, thanks for the info. We are going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. We leave from Peurto Rico so we are staying three days there too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We cruise in June and there are so many stops I just want to make the best decisions.

Archived