1st time-help me decide what to do in Coz... Chankanaab or some other beach-lots of ?

rt3773

We are 1st timers and this is a business cruise and we have not had a lot of time to prepare. I have talked and asked lots of questions but I really need help in deciding what to do. We are sailing on Carnival Triumph.

It is very important we keep this as low cost as possible as we did not budge for this--but also know it may be a once in a life time opp.

First I really want a beach to relax on....sand, sun, a nice hammock or chair would be nice. w

We had Chankanaab recommended. Several questions on this park....if we have our own snorkle equipment will we have to pay to snorkle? We only have mask, snorkle.....can we use life jackets? If we do decide to splurge and do the dolphin encounter--can we do that when we get there? We do not want to reserve online in advance b/c we are just not sure we want to spend the $. How is the beach? Chairs? Hammocks? Is it as rocky as it looks or is there sand? The part about seeing iguanas is really intriguing to me. We plan to get a taxi to the park if we go and not book thru the ship. Our main reason being to have more time and do what we want.

If we were to do another beach....which one??? I would almost pay a little more to have a nice place that is not extremely crowded. Paradise beach looks fun, but very crowded. Same with Mr. Sanchos. Food and drinks are not a must--we will get some snacks but do not plan to eat a huge meal--save that for the boat.

I did read somewhere on a romantic beach with chair, massage, drinks etc. but now cant remember which one. What are some beaches that so something like this?

As for shopping, what all can you buy around the pier?

I want a business that sends me on cruises. lol

I've been to Chankanaab twice for the dolphin swims. We didn't really have time to explore the beach area so I can't be of much help there. If you don't book a dolphin excursion, there is an admission charge. I think it is only about $15 or so. You can bring your own snorkel equipment and there isn't a charge other than the admission. I'm not sure if they had life jackets or not. If you decide to book a dolphin swim, admission is included. It is cheaper to book directly through dolphindiscovery.com than the cruise ship. Getting a taxi there is very easy and definately the way to go. You can book when you get there though as long as there is availability...they only do certain times so you may want to check ahead of time so you don't miss them. There was a snack bar and a full restaurant on site.

Nachi Cocom is a great beach for a quiet, relaxing day. They say that it is only available to the first 100 guests, so reservations are a must. We went there once and it was wonderful. It is all inclusive so drinks and lunch are included in the price. I think it is around $50 a person. We had our own umbrella and chairs that was some what secluded from everyone else. My husband snorkeled all day while I laid out in the sun while the waiter brought me drinks. It was nice.

We are 1st timers and this is a business cruise and we have not had a lot of time to prepare. I have talked and asked lots of questions but I really need help in deciding what to do. We are sailing on Carnival Triumph.

It is very important we keep this as low cost as possible as we did not budge for this--but also know it may be a once in a life time opp.

First I really want a beach to relax on....sand, sun, a nice hammock or chair would be nice. w

We had Chankanaab recommended. Several questions on this park....if we have our own snorkle equipment will we have to pay to snorkle? You do not have to pay to snorkel but you do have to pay to get into this park, but it isn't that much, I want to say about $18 pp but you can see if there is a coupon online. We only have mask, snorkle.....can we use life jackets? It cost us $3 just for the life jacket rental. If we do decide to splurge and do the dolphin encounter--can we do that when we get there? Maybe, it will totally depend on how booked up there are, how many ships in port, etc. You may be able to get in on one of the last bookings of the day. We do not want to reserve online in advance b/c we are just not sure we want to spend the $. How is the beach? Chairs? Hammocks? Is it as rocky as it looks or is there sand? Chankanaan has chairs and very nice straw umbrellas that are first come first serve but we always go in the morning and have never had a problem getting on. You buy your food and drink as you go and I think you can run a tab. The service is very good. They do have hammocks but further down on the beach. It is a little rocky because it is on a reef but just wear water shoes. There is stairs that go down to the water. It is very a very beautiful area. Since it is on a reef, you will see fish. We were at Nachi Cocum last month and didn't see a single fish.The part about seeing iguanas is really intriguing to me. You will see many at Chankanaab. We plan to get a taxi to the park if we go and not book thru the ship. Our main reason being to have more time and do what we want. Getting a taxi is very easy and Chankanaab is very close, the closest beach club/park. We always go on our own.

If we were to do another beach....which one??? I would almost pay a little more to have a nice place that is not extremely crowded.Chankanaab is probably the prettiest place in all of Cozumel. We have been to most of the beaches there but it has the most to offer in our opinion. If you are big drinkers, than maybe a place like Nachi Cocum but we went there last month and we will not go back. We feel it was very much overrated (but that is just our opinion) Paradise beach looks fun, but very crowded. Same with Mr. Sanchos. Food and drinks are not a must--we will get some snacks but do not plan to eat a huge meal--save that for the boat.

I did read somewhere on a romantic beach with chair, massage, drinks etc. but now cant remember which one. What are some beaches that so something like this?

As for shopping, what all can you buy around the pier?

yes, you will have tons of shopping right at the pier and you can do this on your way back.

Archived