Sushi Bars on "M" or "C" class ships

GaryThePhotog

We sailed the Zenith recently and as usual had "Main" seating dining. We had heard there was a sushi bar on board but had never seen it. Then we found out that the Sushi bar was located in 1/2 of the buffet area (the other 1/2 being used as the casual dining option). Also, the sushi bar was opened between 6 and 9 or 10 P.M. The timing of the sushi bar was great for late diners to use as a place to do real nice appetizers, etc. but it virtually eliminated main seating since who really wants to eat right after you've just eaten several courses, and also have to scoot over to the Celebrity theater for the show. So, finally my question, when and where do they offer Sushi on the larger ships?

We sailed the Zenith recently and as usual had "Main" seating dining. We had heard there was a sushi bar on board but had never seen it. Then we found out that the Sushi bar was located in 1/2 of the buffet area (the other 1/2 being used as the casual dining option). Also, the sushi bar was opened between 6 and 9 or 10 P.M. The timing of the sushi bar was great for late diners to use as a place to do real nice appetizers, etc. but it virtually eliminated main seating since who really wants to eat right after you've just eaten several courses, and also have to scoot over to the Celebrity theater for the show. So, finally my question, when and where do they offer Sushi on the larger ships?

Same place, same time (at least on Infinity and Summit).

Same place, same time (at least on Infinity and Summit).
Actually, it's a bit harder to find on the M-Class ships. You have to go ALL the way aft on the end between the two buffet lines. If you stop at the end of the buffet line from either side, you'd never see it. Hours are 6pm ~ 10pm.

One solution might be, since it's open until ten, to go up at some point after dinner and take some back to your room and keep in your mini-bar to serve as a midnight snack upon returning to your bed. I think they also sell sake and plum wine at the sushi bar. We had the sushi on the Summit, Constellation, and Horizon, and thought it was very good. It's served in a dish shaped like a boat. Besides soy sauce and wasabi, they also have a red sauce which they said was called "kimchee" (not to be confused with the very potent Korean kimchi fermented vegetables) which was very spicy and delicious. We had late seating, so I would hit the martini bar at 5:00 or 5:30 for a martini, then go to the sushi bar at 6:00 or 6:30 and then back to the martini bar for another martini.

What would be ideal would be to have the sushi bar next to the martini bar, so you sip a martini while eating sushi.

Allen

I found that Saki is the best bargain on the ship as far as drinks go I think it was only $3.50 for a small bottle of saki. The Sushi Bar on the Summit and Millie was on the starboard side aft near the bar on the stern deck 10

Archived