Transportation From Orlando Aiport to Port Canaveral

PocketAces

Ok so I am a big time cruise noob!

I discovered this message board after booking my cruise. I made my first mistake by booking a flight the same day of the cruise. I am due to arrive at Orlando at 11:00 AM. The ship sails at 4:00 pm from port canaveral. The general concencus on the boards is that is better to arrive a day early. Oh well...mark that one up as a rookie mistake.

What I am looking for is some transportation advice. There are 6 adults and 2 children all flying together. If we choose Carnival's shuttle service that would be a total of $400! for the transfers. Is it worth it? What othe options do I have? How much is the cab fare to port canaveral, or perhaps a limo? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You may be able to change your flight to Friday for less than the 400$ you would spend on the Carnival shuttle.If you can, rent a car one way from the airport to the port.You should be able to get this for around 100$ round trip.You would be booking two one way rentals.I did this for our cruise thru Budget,they have an office about one mile from the port.They will also provide a free shuttle to the ship and back when you return from your cruise.happy cruising

Htkodiak..

Thanks for the advice. I'm not cruising until September, however, I plan on going in on Friday and spending the night in Coco Beach. We are considering the rental car idea. Sounds good to me. For the two of us, Carnival transfers would be $50 p/p. I'd rather have a car and tool around Coco for a while, too. Do you have any recommendations where to stay in Coco that are close to the port? Thanks.

Karen

Check out Art's Shuttle...their website says no group too large. With more people, it will be much more cost effective than the transfers. It's just two of us so we are going to take the carnival shuttle.

I rented a 12 passenger van from budget for 100 $ day rate.(24 hr.) so just call budget and reserve for your trip to the port and then reserve the return. half the price of carnival....and lots of room for people and luggage

PocketAces,

We have cruised out of Port Canveral 4 times. We fly in the day of the cruise getting there between 1030 and 1100. There's no need to go the day before unless you want to. We have done several options. You can rent one way from Avis or Budget. Both have offices 10 minutes from the port. Sometimes you can get good deals on the Internet. However, with 6 adults and 2 kids plus the luggage, you're rental options are limited if you all want to be in one vehicle. Two vehicles may be cost prohibitive, but check it out anyway. For taxi's the cost would be too high. As another poster replied, try Art's Shuttle. We used them this past October and they worked out great. The charge for us was $55 for up to 3 people and $10 for each additional person each way. They are on the web at:

http://www.artsshuttle.com

They will meet you at the airport and drive you directly into the port bypassing any cars or taxis that may be in line and will stop right at the luggage drop off area. It's about an hour ride from the airport, give or take a few minutes. Upon return, you simply walk out the door of the terminal and you'll see their representative across the street. Give them your name and you're on your way. They have everything from limos to minivans to larger buses.

Have a great cruise!

We are renting our car from Budget and staying at the Radisson at the Port (thanks to all those wonderful suggestions here on the board!)

The Budget rental office is only 3 blocks from the Radisson so turning the car in Saturday morning will be easy. Check for discount #'s. I used my BJs discount and got the car for $44 for 2 days. A lot cheaper than the shuttle!

Good luck with your planning!

Do you have any recommendations where to stay in Coco that are close to the port? Thanks.

Karen

My favorite place to stay in Cocoa Beach is the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach. It is right beside the Ron Jon's and has a shuttle service for cruisers from the hotel to the port. You can leave your car at the hotel while you are gone for no charge. The hotel is mostly suites that are situated around a beautiful pool, garden and game area. It's one block off the ocean. We are going out of Jacksonville this time, so I'm going to really miss our day before and after in Cocoa! Have a great time! - Bars to check out include Rusty's and CocoaNuts!

We are using Ace Luxury to take us from our hotel to the Port on March 19...

Their website is www.aceluxury.com

There will be 18 of us and the cost is 17.00/per person including tip.

Not a bad deal, as the TA was going to set us up from the airport at about 40.00/per person.

The guy was very nice too and they have different options for what ever size vechicles you may need for your party.

Good luck!!

Laurie :)

Ok so I am a big time cruise noob!

I discovered this message board after booking my cruise. I made my first mistake by booking a flight the same day of the cruise. I am due to arrive at Orlando at 11:00 AM. The ship sails at 4:00 pm from port canaveral. The general concencus on the boards is that is better to arrive a day early. Oh well...mark that one up as a rookie mistake.

What I am looking for is some transportation advice. There are 6 adults and 2 children all flying together. If we choose Carnival's shuttle service that would be a total of $400! for the transfers. Is it worth it? What othe options do I have? How much is the cab fare to port canaveral, or perhaps a limo? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 pax van from happylimo.com price $265 round trip.

OBX.. thanks for the recommendation. I've been to Coco before, so I know approximately where you are talking about. My son lives in Orlando right now, but will be back home before I go on my cruise. I went to Coco with him when I was visiting last night and we went to Ron Jon's.. I will check out the Comfort Inn. Ron Jon's is a good location! Thanks again.

Karen

Archived