Houston - Galveston Ecstasy -- Help!

CTMak

We are booked on the Ectsasy in April and are flying into Houston (on our own) the night before we leave. Any suggestions on transportation getting to the port in Galveston? If we rent a car at HOU, is there a place to drop it off in Galveston? At the port? Also, any other ways to get from Houston to Galveston?

Thanks, as always!!!!

CTMak

Call Enterprise car rental at their Galveston office directly. According to these boards they are giving very good deals without a drop charge, but you must call that office direct. You can also get a car from them to come back. :)

We just used Galveston Limosine Shuttle last week and had excellent service from the Houston Airport BUSH(IAH) to Galveston and then back again after the cruise. $60 per person for a return trip. They use shuttle buses and 10 person vans, depending upon the number of seats booked.

We booked in advance via email and paid the driver cash.

http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/

Email them at: Fkraschke@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

We are traveling out of Galveston in May and found, after much searching, that a limo ride from Houston Intercontinental was less than a shuttle van. The lowest rate I found for a shuttle for our group of 9 was $540 ($30/person each way.) I booked an Excursion SUV Limousine (The regular 10 passenger stretch would not accomodate our luggage) for $195 each way. With toll fees & gratuity our group will only be paying $508.00 for limo service roundtrip. Since the drive from this airport is approximately 1.5 hours, I'm thrilled that I am being chauffered in a luxury 14 passenger excursion limo SUV and paying less money!! If you are coming in from Houston Hobby, which is closer, and have less than 9 people, you can probably rent the regular stretch limousine. I believe I found transfer rates from Hobby as low as $150.00 each way! It's worth some investigating.

Call Enterprise car rental at their Galveston office directly. According to these boards they are giving very good deals without a drop charge, but you must call that office direct. You can also get a car from them to come back. :)

Unfortunately, Enterprise just recently started charging the drop charge both ways. :( They got a little too greedy.

Archived